Piscataway Twp. (Middlesex County)

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
Raven
Administrator
Assignment: Patrol

Piscataway Twp. (Middlesex County)

Post by Raven » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:19 pm

The Piscataway Township Police Department is recruiting for the position of Police Officer. We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, focused individuals who can demonstrate the ability to successfully perform in a team environment.

The Piscataway Township Police Department is an accredited agency whose diverse members take pride in their proactive response to crime, disorder, and quality of life issues. Our mission is to provide a professional community-oriented police service focused on honesty, integrity, and professionalism. We are committed to and take pride in our partnership with the community and the positive relationship we have formed.

We currently employ 82 full-time police officers, 10 Special Law Enforcement Police Officers (SLEO I & II), 12 certified 911 Communications Operators and 11 civilian employees. We offer various specialized assignments such as: Traffic Safety, Investigations, Narcotics and Vice, Special Victims, Identification, DARE, School Resource Officer, and a Motorcycle Unit. We offer our future officers excellent equipment and a proactive approach to career development and training.

Applicants must possess, or currently be enrolled in a police academy to obtain, a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification. Applicants must also possess 60 college credits from an accredited college or university. NJ SLEO Class I and II waivers and out of state training certifications will not be considered for this employment opportunity. A complete list of qualifications can be viewed on our website at www.ptpd.net.

Resumes must be hand delivered or mailed to the Piscataway Township Police Department, 555 Sidney Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854. A cover letter addressed to Chief of Police Michael McLaughlin, and a copy of your PTC Certificate or commitment letter from a NJ Police Training Academy must be included with your resume. E-mailed resumes will not be accepted. Deadline to submit a resume is Friday, May 3, 2019 at 4 PM. Resumes received after this deadline will be disqualified.

If you have any further inquiries, please contact Lieutenant Frank Hackler at (732)562-2351 or fhackler@piscatawaynj.org.

Piscataway Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

Owner of NJOfficer.com

rwalk27
Walking Post

Re: Piscataway Twp. (Middlesex County)

Post by rwalk27 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm

i really dont see the point in college credits, especially for anyone thats already ptc certified

RJJersey
Radio Car

Post by RJJersey » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Anyone else interviewing this week?

Kevstar25
Rookie
Assignment: Patrol

Post by Kevstar25 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 pm

"NJ SLEO Class I and II waivers and out of state training certifications will not be considered for this employment opportunity."

A class I is about equivalent to an auxiliary officer and a class II is the same as a fully certified cop while working. Additionally, class II's attend the same police academy and get the same training less a few lectures. Class I & Class II really aren't even remotely comparable. Never understand why I see this on so many hiring posts.

Avaric3
Radio Car

Post by Avaric3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:52 pm

Kevstar25 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 pm
"NJ SLEO Class I and II waivers and out of state training certifications will not be considered for this employment opportunity."

A class I is about equivalent to an auxiliary officer and a class II is the same as a fully certified cop while working. Additionally, class II's attend the same police academy and get the same training less a few lectures. Class I & Class II really aren't even remotely comparable. Never understand why I see this on so many hiring posts.
and besides, class I isn’t even a cert that can be waived to anything else so it’s a moot point that it’s even listed

Minnerman97
Rookie

Post by Minnerman97 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:40 pm

rwalk27 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:59 pm
i really dont see the point in college credits, especially for anyone thats already ptc certified
Coming from the dood with no college credits