NJ Sergeant Appeals/Info

Discussions between Police Officers
Wolf12345
Rookie

NJ Sergeant Appeals/Info

Post by Wolf12345 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Happy New Year all.

My question is does anybody have any information on the appeals regarding the Sergeant exam that was administered on October 28th ?

Now does the CSC notify everyone who took the exam on the Appeals or do they only notify the people who appealed a question on the exam.

I’m hoping the CSC are in the process of grading the exam.

Thanks in advance.

CCSTestPrep

Re: NJ Sergeant Appeals/Info

Post by CCSTestPrep » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:27 pm

I don't have specific info on the most recent appeals, but I can tell you that only those who formally submitted an appeal will receive notice related to the appeals.

The appellants are treated as a group on the document but named separately. Each appellant will receive a formal legal document which gives an explanation of each appeal and a disposition (question by question) on each appeal. They either "deny" an appealed question or they may "omit" the question or sometimes "double-key" questions to resolve issues. Most often, they resolve appeals before sending out the results to avoid too many changes in scores.

Although the appeals affect everyone, the CSC only informs appellants of the outcome of the appeals. Everyone else will just be told (upon receiving their scores) whether the appeals are resolved and whether the list is final or pending the result of appeals.
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com

Solved01
Rookie

Post by Solved01 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Does anyone know when to expect Sgt exam results to be out? I see the new Chair/Chief Executive Officer was recently appointed for the CSC.

Police03
Rookie

Post by Police03 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

Rumor is they’re meeting with the commissioner on March 21st to go over the appeals.

We are all hoping the results come soon after that. Good luck.

Ramos6816
Rookie

Post by Ramos6816 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 pm

I hear the scores are usually posted Tuesday into weds at midnight, not sure how true that is. I check every tues night at midnight. Hopefully they are posted very soon.

Police03
Rookie

Post by Police03 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Hopefully next Tuesday into Wednesday

They’re done with appeals
finishing up scoring

Solved01
Rookie

Post by Solved01 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 pm

Another week.....