Newark PD Certs

Discussions between Police Officers
Thad
Rookie

Newark PD Certs

Post by Thad » Thu May 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Did anyone else get a cert today or recently from Newark stating "You are not selected for appointment at this time since you indicated you were not interested"?

I know about 5 people as well who got the same cert today, when they indicated they were interested last year (The cert date shows 04/28/17) and even were at the orientation last year. I got deferred because I was still active in the military.

Is this a mistake on their part or? Anyone have an idea?

RJJersey
Radio Car

Re: Newark PD Certs

Post by RJJersey » Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Thad wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:08 pm
Did anyone else get a cert today or recently from Newark stating "You are not selected for appointment at this time since you indicated you were not interested"?

I know about 5 people as well who got the same cert today, when they indicated they were interested last year (The cert date shows 04/28/17) and even were at the orientation last year. I got deferred because I was still active in the military.

Is this a mistake on their part or? Anyone have an idea?
That is Newark for ya, they are not the most organized Dept. around.

Koolaidohyeaah
Assignment: Patrol

Post by Koolaidohyeaah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:16 am

I got the same cert, then after days after I was recertified and given a new list number. Ridiculous, but at the same time I’m tired of getting certs.

NJDOC keeps sending me letters and packets, I just shred them. I never responded and they said I’d be removed from the list yet the keep on sending their packets.

Rockets7
Rookie

Post by Rockets7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Anyone going thru the hiring process now? I received a cert on may 30th. I went to two orientations with all the paperwork they have you do but haven’t heard anything since then.

Thad
Rookie

Post by Thad » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:13 pm

Rockets7 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 pm
Anyone going thru the hiring process now? I received a cert on may 30th. I went to two orientations with all the paperwork they have you do but haven’t heard anything since then.
Yes, I am. I think you either SOL or you missed a step. First orientation and second was at Clinton Ave. Then after that they told everyone to report to the office in Downtown for your third step. After that, you got a call from your BI to schedule medical - which has been happening since last Monday. If you didn't make it to downtown office orientation - something seems off. Second orientation you were assigned a BI, call and ask. But i think you're surely DQ at this point.

So it should've been this way. Orientation 1 - Saturday, Orientation 2 - Following Saturday, 3 - Wednesday following that Saturday (they made you sign a paper saying mandatory to come to that appointment). Then schedule of medical, and people were having their house visits done. Which makes me think you forgot about the Wednesday APP and are SOL.

Rockets7
Rookie

Post by Rockets7 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm

I had orientation Friday 6/8 and then 6/15. Had all my paperwork and the last the detective told me was that they will call me for the next step. I did my social media then they told me I was good to go.

Thad
Rookie

Post by Thad » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:30 am

Rockets7 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:47 pm
I had orientation Friday 6/8 and then 6/15. Had all my paperwork and the last the detective told me was that they will call me for the next step. I did my social media then they told me I was good to go.
Okay, then I guess you’re situation is different from others. I thought they all did everyone’s orientation on June 1, then followed a similar schedule. I’m guessing they are trying to push for more people. Which is weird but my timeline is how it’s been going since June 1st. Psych is next and itll be cutting it close considering the academy begins Aug 13. So maybe in your case they are doing things different. Medical should be next for you, even though I feel that’ll be cutting it real close.

Rockets7
Rookie

Post by Rockets7 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm

I was certed off the county list. From what I heard they are still have orientation scheduled this week for candidates.

Thad
Rookie

Post by Thad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 pm

Rockets7 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:42 pm
I was certed off the county list. From what I heard they are still have orientation scheduled this week for candidates.
That’s interesting. Is the academy still Aug 13 for you? And they are not strict on you living in Newark?

Rockets7
Rookie

Post by Rockets7 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Yeah they said academy would be aug 13th at seagirt. Newark usually exhaust their residency and hires off the county list.