Carrying in NY State

Discussions between Police Officers
cop91
Walking Post

Carrying in NY State

Post by cop91 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Question regarding carrying duty or off duty firearms in NY, NYC. I know you're covered federally, but a couple of us have been having a conversation. Some people say you can't carry a magazine larger then 7 rounds. Does anyone carry into NY or have had any issues with carrying?

Crabbyburger345
Rookie

Re: Carrying in NY State

Post by Crabbyburger345 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:53 am

This is a great question, I didn't want to give bad info so I called the NYPD directly. The answer I got was 6 rounds total in the gun, in a 10 round magazine. Also if your carrying in NYC be cautious of the locations your going to. If your going to see a Broadway show, many Theaters are wanding or using metal detectors. THEY WILL GIVE 0 Consideration that your on the job. The only way to get in is to secure your weapon at the nearest NYPD precinct. NYC is nuts with this stuff.

cop91
Walking Post

Re: Carrying in NY State

Post by cop91 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Wow I am surprised you were able to get through to them. I've called on two occasions and I got bumped around on the phone and most guys/gals told me just carry as you normally would, just don't shoot anyone. Which really doesn't give much information.