Camden County SLEO II

Discussions for SLEO I and II Officers
NickT
Rookie

Camden County SLEO II

Post by NickT » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 am

Hello,

Looking for information on what to expect in your everyday duties as a Class 2 in camden. What are the hours like, and do they make you sign a contract

Thanks

aceshigh1300
Walking Post

Re: Camden County SLEO II

Post by aceshigh1300 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Most likely walking a beat with the duties being the same as the full time guys. Don't know about any contract, but they dramatically lowered the pay. Use to be $35 an hour latest I saw was $18.

USArmy86
Verified LEO
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Camden County SLEO II

Post by USArmy86 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:00 am

aceshigh1300 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm
Most likely walking a beat with the duties being the same as the full time guys. Don't know about any contract, but they dramatically lowered the pay. Use to be $35 an hour latest I saw was $18.
Not just walking beat, they are treated equally with respect and expectations as full time officers. You come to Camden your gonna gain a lot of experience from DV, Drugs, Shootings, Homicide and other crimes. You will learn a lot working there in a short period of time. On a regular shift SLEO 2 are either by themselves or with a partner. They have Bike, Walking, Patrol, and sometimes Motorcycle Units. As far as contracts I’m not sure if they have you sign one. I do know that they waived a lot of SLEO 2 to Full time a lot. I also know that they are in process of getting a new contract. PM me if you have other questions.