EVESHAM POLICE HIRING

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
jps22101
Rookie

EVESHAM POLICE HIRING

Post by jps22101 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Now Hiring - Full-Time Police Officers

The Evesham Township Police Department is recruiting for the position of full-time Police Officer. We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic, and hard working individuals for our police department. The Evesham Township Police Department is an internationally accredited agency whose members take pride in their proactive response to crime, disorder and quality of life issues. This approach recognizes our community’s high expectations for professional police services and has sustained a positive relationship with the community for many years.

We currently employ 93 sworn police officers, 80 full-time police officers, 4 Special Law Enforcement Police Officers (SLEO II), 9 Special Law Enforcement Police Officers (SLEO III) and 12 civilian employees. The department is organized into two divisions: Operations and Administrative, and five bureaus: Patrol, Investigative, Support Services, Professional Standards and Internal Affairs. We also offer various specialized assignments such as: K-9 Officers, Bike Patrol, Crime Scene Technicians, ATV Patrol, LEAD, Detective, School Resource Officers, Community Policing, Internal Affairs and Support Services. We offer our future officers a modern facility, excellent equipment and a proactive approach to training.

Applicants must possess, or currently be enrolled in a police academy to obtain a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer certification or a waiver eligible New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Special Police Officer II certification. Applicants must also have 60 college credits from an accredited institution and/or 2 years of active military service. A complete list of qualifications can be viewed at our website at www.eveshampd.org.

Resumes may be sent to the attention of Chief Christopher Chew at the Evesham Township Police Department, located at 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053. Resumes may also be sent electronically to pdrecruits@eveshampd.org. If you have any further inquiries, please contact Captain Walt Miller (millerw@eveshampd.org) or Lieutenant Bruce Higbee (higbeeb@eveshampd.org) at (856) 983-1116.

Evesham Township is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer

If anyone has questions, please message directly through the forum, someone will respond to you.

cop91
Radio Car

Re: EVESHAM POLICE HIRING

Post by cop91 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm

:lol:

Scooter5360
Rookie

Post by Scooter5360 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:07 pm

@cop91
I completely agree, place is a joke. I don't care how much money that place makes, admin could care less about their guys and will jam you up in a New York minute!!

arson09
Rookie

Post by arson09 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 am

I take it that this department isn’t considered a good department to work for??

cop91
Radio Car

Post by cop91 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm

arson09 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:15 am
Ask yourself this question, "Do you enjoy writing tickets non-stop throughout your shift, about every 10-15 minutes?" If you answer "Yes!" then you're the right candidate for the position and if you enjoy just writing tickets void of discretion, reason or cause... then you don't belong in police work.

Scooter5360
Rookie

Post by Scooter5360 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

arson09 wrote:
Ditto to what cop91 stated. Also, sitting too long and not being directed to, ex; running radar or directed patrol you will be asked why by your supervisor. Also, first person that comes to to complain about you, automatic IA will be started and you will be on desk duty until it's cleared. Never seen a department that size that loses so many officer's to other departments. You don't see guys bailing from Mt Laurel, Gloucester Twp, Winslow. Obviously something is wrong.

arson09
Rookie

Post by arson09 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 pm

Lol oh no! I’m just a guy looking to break into the field in the near future. Was just question out of curiosity

cop91 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm
arson09 wrote:
Ask yourself this question, "Do you enjoy writing tickets non-stop throughout your shift, about every 10-15 minutes?" If you answer "Yes!" then you're the right candidate for the position and if you enjoy just writing tickets void of discretion, reason or cause... then you don't belong in police work.