Clayton Police Department
125 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton, New Jersey 08312
Telephone (856) 881-2301
Fax (856) 881-5859
Chief Andrew Davis
The Clayton Police Department is currently accepting resumes for the position of Special Law Enforcement Officer III (S.L.E.O. III). S.L.E.O. III is a class of police officer that is utilized only inside of a school setting. Applicants must possess the following qualifications;
1. Must be a retired police officer who has previously served as a duly qualified, fully-trained, full-time officer in any municipality, county of this state, or as a member of the New Jersey State Police. The date of separation from full time service cannot exceed 3 years. Must have retired in good standing, a letter from your previous agency stating such shall be required.
2. Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey.
3. Be able to read and write the English language.
4. Not have been convicted of any violations of laws of the State of New Jersey or the United States, except minor traffic offenses, nor shall have been convicted of any crime of offense involving moral turpitude.
5. Have a valid New Jersey driver's license.
6. Submit to a complete background investigation.
7. Submit to and successfully pass a medical and psychological testing.
8. Submit to and successfully pass drug screening.
9. Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
10. Comply with all other state or federal requirements for position.
Police application can be picked up in person at the Clayton Police Department 125 N. Delsea Dr. Clayton NJ 08312.
Police Application and resumes should also be dropped off in person to the police department with the attention of Chief Andrew Davis.
Rate of Pay: To be determined
Resumes will be accepted until 2/15/19 @ 4PM.
The Borough of Clayton is an equal opportunity employer.
Any special law enforcement officer jobs post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1