The Springfield Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals for the position of Police Officer. Only candidates who are currently Police Training Commission certified or who are currently enrolled in a PTC certified alternate route program basic training academy will be considered.
The general qualifications for employment with the Springfield Police Department shall be:
• Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States;
• Must be at least 21 years of age;
• Shall have an associate’s degree or higher from a recognized college/university in an accredited course of study and/or a combination of active military service time and/or college/university credits;
• Ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer;
• Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
• No indictable criminal history convictions and of good moral character.
• Must meet educational and/or active military service time requirements set forth by the N.J. Police Training Commission for candidates to be eligible for the alternate route program.
The Springfield Police Department is a New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police accredited agency that provides its employees with competitive salaries, the prospect of advancement and the opportunity to serve the community.
Candidates must submit a letter of interest along with a resume to Captain Cieri at 100 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, N.J. 07081 no later than February 1, 2019.
The Springfield Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1