The Clayton Police Department seeks a motivated, hardworking, and determined candidate for the position of Full Time Patrol Officer. The selection process will result in the appointment of an individual who possesses the skills, knowledge, abilities and drive necessary to insure the department remains an effective, professional and respected law enforcement agency.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Possess one of the following credentials:
- Hold a valid Basic Police Officer Certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission.
- Hold a SLEO-2 Certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission with the ability to be waived to a Basic Police Officer Certification from the New Jersey Police Training Commission.
- Hold an Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or an honorable discharge from the military after full military service, and 30 college credits. The Basic Course for Police Officer training will be provided.
2. Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of New Jersey.
3. Be able to read and write the English language proficiently and intelligently.
4. Have no convictions of any indictable New Jersey Laws or the Laws of the United States, nor shall have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
5. Have a valid New Jersey driver's license.
6. Submit to and successfully complete a background investigation.
7. Submit to and successfully pass a physical fitness test.
8. Submit to and successfully pass a drug screening test pursuant to the Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
10. Submit to and successfully pass a medical examination and have a medical doctor complete a Medical Certification Form.
11. Submit to and successfully pass a psychological examination.
The position will also be subject to other duties and responsibility as set forth in the job description and Clayton Police Policy on file with the Clayton Borough Clerk.
Applications and resumes must be delivered in person to the Clayton Borough Clerk between 8AM and 4PM on normal business days. Applications will be accepted from the time of posting until 4:00 PM on October 23rd, 2020.
Chief Andrew Davis
Clayton Police Department
1. Competitive Salary
2. Health Benefits
The Borough of Clayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Borough does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or any employee because of race, age, sex, disability, national origin, religion, veteran status or any other protected class.
Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1