New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) Police Department Is Now Accepting Applications for Institutional Police Officer
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
• Age: 18-35 (For Enrollment in PFRS), Over 35 for PERS
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• Must pass medical and psychological examinations as required.
• Must pass a drug screening.
• Must pass a complete criminal history and background check.
• Must be a United States Citizen.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
• Have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Must be able to take direction and work harmoniously with associates, superior officers, campus visitors, students, faculty, and others.
• Must be able to qualify with the department issued firearm according to the schedule and course of fire as determined by the Attorney General of New Jersey.
Salary & Benefits
• Starting Salary Information: Academy - $45,000 or Fully Certified and Class II - $49,000
• Senior steps
• Christmas, New Year, and Thanksgiving paid holidays
• Paid Vacations
• Paid Sick Days
• Paid Personal Days
• State Employee Health Benefits Program
• Paid Uniform Allowances
• NJ Police and Fire Pension (Under 35) or NJ Public Employee Retirement System (35 and over)
• NJSACOP Written Exam
• One or more interviews
• NJSACOP Oral Exam
• Background investigation
• Drug testing
• Physical examination
• Psychological examination
• Police Academy as required
For more information and to apply, please visit: http://jobs.njit.edu and search for req 2613. Read req2613 job description for most current details. Contact Lt. Mike Villani at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sgt. Josh Sanders at email@example.com with any pertinent questions.
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO employer
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102-1982
Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1