The Closter Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. (Application period closes 01.31.2021.)
Two separate processes, using the same application period, will be conducted using Police App. All applicants who meet the following minimum requirements shall be eligible for employment:
1. Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
2. Possess a valid New Jersey driver's license.
3. Possess a Bachelor Degree or an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or Police Science from a college or university accredited
by one of the regional or national institutional associations recognized by the United States Secretary of Education.
4. In lieu of a college degree a candidate must possess a valid PTC certificate or eligible for a PTC waiver at the time of
5. The applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum age established by law or regulation.
6. Must be sound in body and of good health.
7. Must be of good moral character and have not been convicted of any criminal offense or that reflects negatively on your moral
8. The above minimum educational requirements may not be waived except under exceptional circumstances.
All applicants shall apply under the appropriate classification using the correct links listed below. The application period will close on 01.31.2021 at 11:59pm:
Level 1 Selection: ( https://www.policeapp.com/Certified-Clo ... Jobs/1166/ )
Any applicant who has successfully completed the New Jersey Basic Course for Police Officers and is currently employed by a law enforcement agency in the State of New Jersey and plans to laterally transfer to the Closter Police Department, OR
Any applicant who have successfully completed the New Jersey Basic Course for Special Law Enforcement Officers Class II (SLEO II) and meet the requirements for a waiver of training shall be eligible for Level 1 Selection, OR
Any applicant who is currently enrolled in an academy approved by the New Jersey Police Training Commission as an Alternate Route recruit and anticipates graduating prior to the department’s planned date of appointment.
Level 2 Selection: ( https://www.policeapp.com/Entry-Level-C ... Jobs/1165/ )
Any applicant who hold no prior law enforcement experience, OR
Any applicant employed as a certified Special Law Enforcement Officer I (SLEO I) in the State of New Jersey.
Closter Police Department Contact:
Det. Lt. Vincent Aiello - email@example.com / Lt. James Buccola firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not call the police department for information.
The Borough of Closter is an equal opportunity employer.
Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1