Old Bridge Police Department (Middlesex)

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
CCSTestPrep

Old Bridge Police Department (Middlesex)

Post by CCSTestPrep » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

The Old Bridge Township Police Department in Middlesex County is accepting applications via PoliceApp.com through June 27, 2018.
https://www.policeapp.com/Entry-Level-O ... Jobs/1332/
The written exam is scheduled for Saturday, July 28, 2018.

www.ccstest.com
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com

Magichat1

Re: Old Bridge Police Department (Middlesex)

Post by Magichat1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:07 am

Has anyone received their test scores via policeapp?

Skovran

Post by Skovran » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 am

Not yet, last email I got was two days ago and they said we'd find out shortly.

Wonder if they'd send a response even if we didn't pass though I'm pretty certain I did.

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

Haven’t received anything either except for the message a few days ago saying we’d find out shortly. I’d assume we’ll get results by the end of the week letting you know if you passed or not, and what your score/rank is. Pretty sure I passed as well

This is the first PT Test I’ve seen that includes pull ups. What is the usual standard for pull ups on a PT test?

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 am

Just received an email through Police App saying I passed the written , and moved on to the physical portion of the exam. No score or rank though. I wonder how many candidates they moved forward in the process

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:45 pm

This physical was by far the most intensive and competitively scored test in which I have participated. Push ups were very strictly scored, and even having done 44 counted (8-10 were no counts) I received a 62; Generally speaking a 44 is a pretty decent amount. According to my numbers I'll have passed the test, but I'd imagine a big chunk of the 200 people that moved on will be eliminated at this phase due to the strict scoring. At the risk of sounding sexist, I can't imagine that most female candidates are going to be able to average a 75 to pass when most probably got ~30 or so pushups and less than 10 pull ups (Although I wasn't privy to the actual score sheet, so maybe lower numbers had a higher floor than I'd imagine and the upper values only added a few points between each interval).

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 am

Areyouthereguad wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:45 pm
This physical was by far the most intensive and competitively scored test in which I have participated. Push ups were very strictly scored, and even having done 44 counted (8-10 were no counts) I received a 62; Generally speaking a 44 is a pretty decent amount. According to my numbers I'll have passed the test, but I'd imagine a big chunk of the 200 people that moved on will be eliminated at this phase due to the strict scoring. At the risk of sounding sexist, I can't imagine that most female candidates are going to be able to average a 75 to pass when most probably got ~30 or so pushups and less than 10 pull ups (Although I wasn't privy to the actual score sheet, so maybe lower numbers had a higher floor than I'd imagine and the upper values only added a few points between each interval).
If I remember correctly, one of the officers on the track was saying that females had a different scoring sheet then the males. Also, I believe that the physical test is only about 30% of your overall score. With that being said, I totally agree that this test was by far the most difficult , and strictly scored test I’ve ever taken as well. I’m in decent shape and barely passed (80). I can’t imagine anyone who doesn’t work out everyday passing this test. If I remember , these were the scores required to receive a 100:

9:30 1.5 Mile
20 pull-ups
65 push-ups in 1 minute
50 sit-ups in 1 minute
56 seconds 300 meter run

Skovran

Post by Skovran » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 pm

It really surprised me how many people seemed to just underestimate the difficulty of the test. No, maxing the events on their own might not be difficult at all but having to do them in rapid succession such as with the pull-ups, sit-ups, and push-ups, makes it so much more difficult.

I hope that my written score was in the higher 80's because I'm certain I didn't get higher than an 80% yesterday if that.

And I believe the standards for maxing (males) from what I recall were:

1.5 mile: 9:00
Pull-ups: 19
Sit-ups: 50
Push-ups: 65
300m: 60s

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:55 pm

I was in the last heat for the events, and as such, had no rest whatsoever between any of the events. I was in the last group that ran the 1.5 (and we actually had sun / humidity by that time), and we walked to the gym and immediately preformed our pull-ups, sit-ups, and push-ups, followed by a walk outside and immediately to the sprint. Did everyone else have absolutely no-rest between the events like the last ~13 people experienced? I have never run a sprint quite so slow, and I know from waiting to do my 1.5 that others at least had time to take a breather before they had to sprint. My time was at least 30% slower than I've scored in any other event.

I've never been a fan of females having different physical standards than males. Either you can preform the job or you can't. Why not have different standards for older people as well? (I mean, I'm easily the oldest person at every test I go to, I'll take an easier test if it makes me more competitive)

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Has anyone heard anything?