Old Bridge Police Department (Middlesex)

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
Njrook
Rookie

Re: Old Bridge Police Department (Middlesex)

Post by Njrook » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:39 am

Just got an email through Police App that I passed the physical agility test, and will be notified shortly of the next steps.

Skovran

Post by Skovran » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:31 am

I found out that I'll be moving on as well. What do suspect the next phase might be? This is the first place I'm applying to so I'm not sure what to expect.

I'm really curious how many people are left but I'm sure it's still a good amount.

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm

I would assume the next step is some sort of interview. I don’t think as many people passed the physical as you might think. It was by far one of the most grueling PT tests I’ve taken yet, and I am pretty good shape. If I had to take a guess, I’m thinking they have a top 50 list, and will start interviewing off of that.

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:57 pm

I'm pretty in shape and I barely passed, and I passed because I crushed the pull ups portion. I know in my group I was one of the first 4 to finish the 1.5 mile, had the highest pull ups, and finished 2nd in my 300 meter. I believe they had 200 running the test, I'd imagine that they are moving 30 into the interview as this is typically the number at which departments cap their interviews.

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Do you think that everyone that got an email saying they passed will get an interview?

Skovran

Post by Skovran » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:25 pm

I was thinking more like 30 people would get interviewed since that's what I've seen departments say. Interviewing more than that doesnt seem practical.

I was also wondering if everyone that passed will get an interview but If they sent us an email saying we're moving on it only makes sense that we would get interviewed or take part in whatever comes next, otherwise what would be the point of them telling us.

I was also thinking maybe there would be something before an interview maybe where we send in resumes or something like that to further weed people out. I'm new to all this so I don't know how most places conduct things.

I also can't see how there would be so few people left at this point but I must admit that the PT test was challenging.

BlueLine
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Post by BlueLine » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm

If what I read is correct, they will rank those who passed and take the top however many for the background. After the background is an oral board. So not everyone who received an email will get a background or interview.

Skovran

Post by Skovran » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:54 pm

That makes sense to me, but I still wonder why they would email everyone who passed saying that they are eligible to move on, just to do a ranking and only take the top 30 or whatever it is. It would have made more sense to me if they just did the ranking first, then emailed only the top candidates saying they would move forward.

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Did anyone get the "eligible" email, and then not get told to pickup their application? I almost hit the deadline to pick one up due to work / terrible traffic, and I was blown away that there were like six other people there also picking up applications right before I had.

BlueLine
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Post by BlueLine » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Areyouthereguad wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:26 pm
Did anyone get the "eligible" email, and then not get told to pickup their application? I almost hit the deadline to pick one up due to work / terrible traffic, and I was blown away that there were like six other people there also picking up applications right before I had.
I received both. I went first thing in the morning and was blown away only one person who walked past me with an application had a suit on.