Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
Arcanjo5
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:45 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by Arcanjo5 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

Hey Guys,

Long time reader of this forum but first time poster. Completed my second round interview this week and was told some pertinent information: They'll be done with second round interviews by next Tuesday (11/20) and they'll be compiling a ranking list of 1-50 to give to the Chiefs. Looks like the process will be moving along quickly... I also asked how many they are looking to hire. I was told that NB Campus is looking for 5, Newark Campus is looking for 3, and Camden Campus is looking for about 3... I'm definitely surprised that these numbers are so low, as I was expecting a much bigger hiring but good luck to everyone still in the process!

NjWannaBe
Walking Post
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by NjWannaBe » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Did everyone get a background packet to fill out? I definitely did not perform in the interview as well as I usually do but I received a background packet (64 pages, bound) to complete and turn in. Kinda silly to have 50 people fill them out for a handful of spots.

wiseman

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by wiseman » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:25 am

NjWannaBe wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 pm
Did everyone get a background packet to fill out? I definitely did not perform in the interview as well as I usually do but I received a background packet (64 pages, bound) to complete and turn in. Kinda silly to have 50 people fill them out for a handful of spots.
Yeah I don't think I did as well in my interview either, but everyone is getting a background packet. Probably want them back so as soon as the Chief's interviews are over they can start the backgrounds on the finalists instead of having to hand out the packets to then and wait to get them back.

NjWannaBe
Walking Post
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by NjWannaBe » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:06 pm

That's understandable. They're just so time consuming for someone with a full time job and a family. I'm at least 6 or 7 hours into mine so far and still have 1/3rd left to go.

RJJersey
Radio Car
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by RJJersey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Did anyone else have their Oral Board Interview on November 8th? Still no email to see if im moving forward. I see that people received theirs on an average of 2 weeks or so after their oral board and i know i haven't reach that mark yet but was just wondering.

Chrisrizzo
Rookie
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by Chrisrizzo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm

RJJersey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Did anyone else have their Oral Board Interview on November 8th? Still no email to see if im moving forward. I see that people received theirs on an average of 2 weeks or so after their oral board and i know i haven't reach that mark yet but was just wondering.
Had mine November 5th, haven’t received an email but an earlier posting on this forum someone said 2nd interviews should be done 11/20 (tonight). Guess we’ll have to wait to find out if that’s true or not

RJJersey
Radio Car
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by RJJersey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:00 pm

Chrisrizzo wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm
RJJersey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Did anyone else have their Oral Board Interview on November 8th? Still no email to see if im moving forward. I see that people received theirs on an average of 2 weeks or so after their oral board and i know i haven't reach that mark yet but was just wondering.
Had mine November 5th, haven’t received an email but an earlier posting on this forum someone said 2nd interviews should be done 11/20 (tonight). Guess we’ll have to wait to find out if that’s true or not

yeah i saw that too. like you said, we will see tonight if that is true. I mean with Rutgers process it seems to be all over the place. I had my Oral board in New Brunswick and i heard Oral Boards were only given in Newark so there's definitely a miscommunication that's going around

Chrisrizzo
Rookie
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:26 pm

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by Chrisrizzo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:27 pm

RJJersey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:00 pm
Chrisrizzo wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 pm
RJJersey wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Did anyone else have their Oral Board Interview on November 8th? Still no email to see if im moving forward. I see that people received theirs on an average of 2 weeks or so after their oral board and i know i haven't reach that mark yet but was just wondering.
Had mine November 5th, haven’t received an email but an earlier posting on this forum someone said 2nd interviews should be done 11/20 (tonight). Guess we’ll have to wait to find out if that’s true or not

yeah i saw that too. like you said, we will see tonight if that is true. I mean with Rutgers process it seems to be all over the place. I had my Oral board in New Brunswick and i heard Oral Boards were only given in Newark so there's definitely a miscommunication that's going around
It’ll come when you least expect it, that’s what I tell myself

njac26
Rookie
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:56 pm
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by njac26 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:42 pm

When they gave us our background packet they had us sign a sheet on the day we wanted to come in with everything finished the last day that I recall was the 11/27 or 11/28

NjWannaBe
Walking Post
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:11 am

Re: Rutgers University PD Hiring 2018

Post by NjWannaBe » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:43 am

Any of y'all moving onto the Chief's interview?

Post Reply