Division of Criminal Justice Hiring

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
DickLarsen
Walking Post

Re: Division of Criminal Justice Hiring

Post by DickLarsen »

I was going to apply for this position. Spoke with someone who's in the know and I was told they only hire retired Troops and FBI. I was told you need a special skill in order to get in or even an interview. I have LE experience and an active PTC, on the fence on what to do.
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

Clearly this person is not in the know. 8 recruits in the academy now who weren't Troopers or FBI.
DickLarsen
Walking Post

Post by DickLarsen »

Fair enough, thanks for info
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

I will say, in the distant past that might have been the case, but for the past decade it has not. Not saying retired law enforcement doesn't get hired, but it's not majority of hires.
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

I don’t even understand what the position is. Are you still a law enforcement officer? Does this carry into your pension? What do you actually do? I’m sorry I’m just confused by the posting.
Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 »

Giants12 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:24 am I don’t even understand what the position is. Are you still a law enforcement officer? Does this carry into your pension? What do you actually do? I’m sorry I’m just confused by the posting.
You're a detective for the state, so you’re law enforcement and yes, you’re in PFRS. You investigate crimes at a state level much like the detectives of a prosecutor’s office do at the county level.
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

Avaric3 is correct. PFRS (though if you're over 35 you'll be in PERS), on duty and off duty carry, statewide jurisdiction.
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

Thank you for the reply guys. So just to be sure if I meet the qualifications. I am a police officer with just an associates and I’m still going to school.

This is enough for the detective position?
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

And also anyone know how many they are looking to hire?
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

If you have a full police certification (not a Class 2) then you will be able to apply. You would be brought in as a waiver and attend a couple of classes at the academy per whatever the PTC says you need to complete. No idea how many they are looking to hire.