Most of your questions answered here

Everything and anything to get you in and through!
Jnate
Assignment: Patrol

Most of your questions answered here

Post by Jnate » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 am

1. How much did you run?
A: almost every day

2. How far did you run?
A: started with a mile / mile and a half and at the end of the academy we were running between 7-9 miles.

3. How fast did you run?
A: Nothing slower than a 8 minute mile pace.

4. If I suck at running what can I do?
A: best bet is sprint for 1 minute walk for 2. Do it over and over again. It will build you up. They’re called 60/120s.

5. What are the workouts like?
A: crossfit. It’s all some type of crossfit.

6. What should I bring to eat?
A: healthy food or your DI’s will chuck it all in the garbage and you’ll be SOL.

7. Was book work hard?
A: no, the hardest part was trying to stay awake in class. (Don’t be that guy). No but really, knowledge is power in this profession.

8. Do they really look at your shoes?
A: hell yes. You better look up on YouTube how to shine the hell out of them.

9: Uniform?
A: press it every night with starch. Make those creases perfect. Use a pin to pin your collars down (you’re welcome)

10: How often do you get disciplinary PT?
A: every single day if they want. Here’s an example https://youtu.be/VQO7OvvGvew . You’ll never be right. Just embrace the suck and smile.

11. I can’t shoot / I’ve never shot before
A: Don’t worry about it. All firearm instructors are great and will teach you everything you need to know. (They don’t want you to fail)

12: Evoc course
A: the most fun you’ll ever have.

13. Close quarters combat training / MMA
A: don’t be a hero. If you get hurt they will recycle you to day 1 all over again.

14: is it worth it?
A: absolutely! Never quit and never give up. Just remember, there is another person out there who wants your job so bad they would do it for half your salary.

Strongveteran1207
Rookie
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Most of your questions answered here

Post by Strongveteran1207 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Do you swim in the academy? I live in ocean county so I’d either be heading to Ocean County Police Academy or Monmouth. Heard a lot of mixed things. Not really a swimmer, been in a pool a handful of times. Any advice would be appreciated.

NLamendola1995
Walking Post

Re: Most of your questions answered here

Post by NLamendola1995 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Strongveteran1207 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 pm
Do you swim in the academy? I live in ocean county so I’d either be heading to Ocean County Police Academy or Monmouth. Heard a lot of mixed things. Not really a swimmer, been in a pool a handful of times. Any advice would be appreciated.
In cape May in my SLEO II acsdemy we did a basic swimming course but nothing intense. The full timers do a little more in fetch but it’s all technically an elective. Not sure about monmouth and ocean but i would assume some sort of swimming.