Received cert but changed adress.

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
Eagles01
Rookie

Received cert but changed adress.

Post by Eagles01 »

I just received a cert at my old address but I recently moved to a new address . Will this void me when I let them know that I’m interested since I didn’t notify the civil service commission or will I be fine?
Ghost23
Walking Post

Re: Received cert but changed adress.

Post by Ghost23 »

If your new address is within the same city/town that you originally registered with you should be fine. Just update your address with CSC. If you moved to another city/town, then you are now void in your old and new city/town.
Eagles01
Rookie

Post by Eagles01 »

I moved out of county for 2-3 months but then back and I never updated it with CSC but I did update it with post office
GnarKill67
Assignment: Patrol

Post by GnarKill67 »

You’re playing with fire on this one. I can’t say for sure, but be careful with that. It’s a double edged sword. For example: you don’t disclose and you can risk the chance of being DQ’ed for omitting. Disclose, and you potentially have the chance of not being eligible bc the civil service could determine you’re no longer on that county list.

This isn’t gospel, however I’d try to speak to someone within the agency and spitball the scenarios. Regardless, submit your interest.
Eagles01
Rookie

Post by Eagles01 »

GnarKill67 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:50 pm You’re playing with fire on this one. I can’t say for sure, but be careful with that. It’s a double edged sword. For example: you don’t disclose and you can risk the chance of being DQ’ed for omitting. Disclose, and you potentially have the chance of not being eligible bc the civil service could determine you’re no longer on that county list.

This isn’t gospel, however I’d try to speak to someone within the agency and spitball the scenarios. Regardless, submit your interest.
I already received the cert so it’s going through the department at this point. I’m gonna put on my application that I changed address for the 3 months I’m just not sure if they’re going to disqualify me after seeing that because I am set up for a pt test then application/interview afterwards.
GnarKill67
Assignment: Patrol

Post by GnarKill67 »

I guess you can only wait and see at this point. Best of luck! I hope it works out.
Eagles01
Rookie

Post by Eagles01 »

GnarKill67 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:41 pm I guess you can only wait and see at this point. Best of luck! I hope it works out.
True, thank you!