Essex county deputy division

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
Post Reply
Boojie
Rookie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Essex county deputy division

Post by Boojie » Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm

How long are you a volunteer deputy until you get a full cert?

Avaric3
Radio Car
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am

Re: Essex county deputy division

Post by Avaric3 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Boojie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm
How long are you a volunteer deputy until you get a full cert?
Youre always a volunteer and never get a full cert unless you get picked up full time somewhere

Boojie
Rookie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Essex county deputy division

Post by Boojie » Wed May 06, 2020 7:13 pm

Avaric3 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm
Boojie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm
How long are you a volunteer deputy until you get a full cert?
Youre always a volunteer and never get a full cert unless you get picked up full time somewhere
Thank you. Is it possible that the ECSO waives you at some point.

Avaric3
Radio Car
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am

Re: Essex county deputy division

Post by Avaric3 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:02 am

Boojie wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:13 pm
Avaric3 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm
Boojie wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm
How long are you a volunteer deputy until you get a full cert?
Youre always a volunteer and never get a full cert unless you get picked up full time somewhere
Thank you. Is it possible that the ECSO waives you at some point.
No, full time sheriffs officer is a civil service title so you have to take the test to move up to full time there

Boojie
Rookie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 pm

Re: Essex county deputy division

Post by Boojie » Thu May 07, 2020 3:44 pm

Avaric3 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:02 am
Boojie wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:13 pm
Avaric3 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 6:10 pm
Youre always a volunteer and never get a full cert unless you get picked up full time somewhere
Thank you. Is it possible that the ECSO waives you at some point.
No, full time sheriffs officer is a civil service title so you have to take the test to move up to full time there
Oh I see thank you so I basically this program limits you to towns that’s preform chiefs tests

Avaric3
Radio Car
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:50 am

Re: Essex county deputy division

Post by Avaric3 » Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Boojie wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Avaric3 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:02 am
Boojie wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 7:13 pm


Thank you. Is it possible that the ECSO waives you at some point.
No, full time sheriffs officer is a civil service title so you have to take the test to move up to full time there
Oh I see thank you so I basically this program limits you to towns that’s preform chiefs tests
The deputy sheriff program gives you a SLEO II certification. It’s the same as guys that have SLEO II certs from shore towns that wanna get hired full time somewhere. It’s basically a stepping stone but by all means, not necessary to get to full time anywhere

Post Reply