Questions regarding an application process/refund

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
redwheel23
Rookie

Questions regarding an application process/refund

Post by redwheel23 »

Hey guys, I am seeking your advice.
A month ago, I submitted an application for a entry level position through PoliceApp. After I did, I received an email inviting me to take a written test. In the email, it clearly stated that they wanted us to be seated by 8:45am and the doors would be closing at 9:00am. They would not be letting anyone in after 9:00am.(I attached a picture of the message segment if you would like to see the exact wording).
I arrived at 8:47 but was told I was late and would not be allowed into the testing area. Around 10 other people showed up a bit later but before 9 as well. After I tried to reason with the officer at the door and show him that the email said doors close at 9, he apologized and said this is what the lieutenant ordered and that was that. We were all turned away.
I know on PoliceApp they say no refunds, but I did pay 100$ for this opportunity and I feel like I was not even given a chance. I also send an email to the Lieutenant asking about the situation, but I have received no response yet. If I was able to take the test and rejected, I would not even be wondering about this.
I was curious what you guys think? Do you think I can get a refund? Would I be able to dispute this with my credit card company? Do things like this usually happen? I am relatively new to this so any advice from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read! Happy Holidays :D
P.S. I do realize I should have been there even earlier, and have learned this for the future!
Attachments
Message.PNG
Message.PNG (31.85 KiB) Viewed 199 times
JRittz
Walking Post

Re: Questions regarding an application process/refund

Post by JRittz »

redwheel23 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 am Hey guys, I am seeking your advice.
A month ago, I submitted an application for a entry level position through PoliceApp. After I did, I received an email inviting me to take a written test. In the email, it clearly stated that they wanted us to be seated by 8:45am and the doors would be closing at 9:00am. They would not be letting anyone in after 9:00am.(I attached a picture of the message segment if you would like to see the exact wording).
I arrived at 8:47 but was told I was late and would not be allowed into the testing area. Around 10 other people showed up a bit later but before 9 as well. After I tried to reason with the officer at the door and show him that the email said doors close at 9, he apologized and said this is what the lieutenant ordered and that was that. We were all turned away.
I know on PoliceApp they say no refunds, but I did pay 100$ for this opportunity and I feel like I was not even given a chance. I also send an email to the Lieutenant asking about the situation, but I have received no response yet. If I was able to take the test and rejected, I would not even be wondering about this.
I was curious what you guys think? Do you think I can get a refund? Would I be able to dispute this with my credit card company? Do things like this usually happen? I am relatively new to this so any advice from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read! Happy Holidays :D
P.S. I do realize I should have been there even earlier, and have learned this for the future!
It looks like to me since you weren't seated by 8:45 that you're most likely not going to get a refund. Departments are strict with things like this but it doesn't hurt to try and reach out to PoliceApp or the department itself. Hope this helps.
2019 LEE score- 99.999 Non-Vet
Morris County
stickman363
Rookie

Re: Questions regarding an application process/refund

Post by stickman363 »

If you’re early, you’re on time
If you’re on time, you’re late
If you’re late, you’re late

Sorry to hear about this but there’s probably no way you’re gonna get your money back or a chance with this department. Police hiring managers in NJ are very competitive so something as simple as being a few minutes late can disqualify you. Next time be early for your interview/test. Good luck