NYPD to New Jersey

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
njtony
Rookie

NYPD to New Jersey

Post by njtony » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm

Hey everyone, former NJ resident and current NYPD. I turned down a job offer in jersey back in 2015 and after 3.5 years in the city I'm regretting that decision and looking at making a move back to jersey, mainly to be closer to family and for quality of life. I found one post on here from 2017 about a waiver, but that was it.

I was just curious if anyone on here has ever made the move from the city to jersey and how realistic is getting a waiver, and even the chances of getting hired back in jersey after leaving the state? Open to any advice anyone has. I'm about to just start applying to different chief towns in North Jersey. My background is 4 years military, bachelors degree, and 3.5 years in the city.

nyy95
Rookie

Re: NYPD to New Jersey

Post by nyy95 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:31 pm

I graduated from a NJ academy earlier this year and we had two NYPD waivers in our class. That being said I don’t know how hard or often they wave NYPD transfers, all I can say is it is possible.

TheUnexpected
Rookie

Post by TheUnexpected » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 pm

Also, the LEE civil service exam is on Monday 7/1. I would Say to apply, but you may not have an NJ to use. Also, you shouldn’t change address frequently after applying for the civil service. This exam goes for civil service towns, sheriff departments, corrections and state parole. You should definitely look into it.

nypd96
Rookie

Post by nypd96 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:48 am

Nj to nypd also here. I would say apply to the colleges. They would prob waive. Look into Rutgers, they are giving a test.