Municpal to NJSP

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
Tigre906
Rookie

Municpal to NJSP

Post by Tigre906 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Writting to see if anyone has or knows anyone that started from a municipal level pd to njsp. Got my background packed from njsp and i just got hired from my hometown recently.
Wanted to know how my current pd might take the news that i want to go state as i just got hired and i’m still in fto. Town I work in is probably the best in my county but my dream has always been njsp so I know that’s where I really want to be.

Thanks for any input.

BlueLine
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Municpal to NJSP

Post by BlueLine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Tigre906 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:43 pm
Writting to see if anyone has or knows anyone that started from a municipal level pd to njsp. Got my background packed from njsp and i just got hired from my hometown recently.
Wanted to know how my current pd might take the news that i want to go state as i just got hired and i’m still in fto. Town I work in is probably the best in my county but my dream has always been njsp so I know that’s where I really want to be.

Thanks for any input.
Some will say you're jumping ship and screwing them over, others won't care and say good for you. It's the same thing with every department, do what you want to do in the end. Personally, I would never leave for NJSP because of the horrendous rotating 12's on top of a few other unattractive things within the department.

Tigre906
Rookie

Post by Tigre906 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:49 pm

BlueLine wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 pm
Tigre906 wrote:

Thanks for any input.
Some will say you're jumping ship and screwing them over, others won't care and say good for you. It's the same thing with every department, do what you want to do in the end. Personally, I would never leave for NJSP because of the horrendous rotating 12's on top of a few other unattractive things within the department.

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Any specifics on the unattractive things?

BlueLine
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Post by BlueLine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:27 pm

Tigre906 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:49 pm
BlueLine wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 pm
Tigre906 wrote:

Thanks for any input.

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Any specifics on the unattractive things?
Five year probation, very para military, the way you're treated as a rookie. The biggest is it's a state department so if the trend continues like recent years you're going to be frozen every three years when a contract ends.

johnlennon567
Rookie

Post by johnlennon567 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Thank you for sharing excellent information. Your website is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. I am reading your blog since couple of days and My morning starts with your blog. I get to learn lot of new things and For a moment I never had a feeling that I am reading. HP Support Assistant | HP Printer Support | IIT jam chemistry classes|IIT jam chemistry |HP Printer Assistant | HP Printer Assistant | Norton Antivirus Support Number Garmin Support Phone Number Outlook Support Phone Number | hp service support | Support for McAfee Antivirus | Pogo Game Support Number | Brother printer toll free number

rangerstown247
Rookie

Post by rangerstown247 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Tigre906 wrote:

Thanks for any input.
I agree with Blueline I was in the middle between state and municipal and I’m so much happier for choosing municipal. State is cool I interned there but it’s crazy political too. I did a lot of research and if you find a good municipality and put in the work you’ll end up getting more cool opportunities with the prosecutors office and even better pay possibly than State. And of course like blueline said states very para military which is a draw back as well.

futurecop
Walking Post

Post by futurecop » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Does prosecutors typically take municipal cops? Or private sector people