Alternate Route Hiring Process

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
MikeG44
Rookie

Alternate Route Hiring Process

Post by MikeG44 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:43 am

If somebody were to go alternate route, how does hiring typically work? Can any department pick you up during or after completion of the academy? What about civil service towns? If you live in a civil service town, do they still follow the list for certifications or can they hire you? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nyjetsfan99
Rookie

Re: Alternate Route Hiring Process

Post by Nyjetsfan99 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:14 am

Chiefs town can pick you up during or after academy. Civil service town will still follow the list but I would imagine if they get to you they wouldn't make you do another academy. They would probably be less likely to skip over you.

I heard 1 in 5 people get accepted to alternate route. A lot of people are probably dqd during background. You also need to score high on the test to get in so if you're not that smart I recommend taking some sort of class. If you have a clean background and do well on the test it shouldn't be too hard to get into alternate route. Once you graduate the academy you're most likely getting on somewhere in the state. I also recommend SLEO II. It will be expensive but it's incredibly easy to get on with a shore town and once you finish the summer you can become a sleo in another town and get waived to full time. Most sleo graduates successfully get waived.