Passaic NJ hiring police officers?

Discussions between Police Officers
evodopeboy
Walking Post

Passaic NJ hiring police officers?

Post by evodopeboy » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Hello everyone,
I recently got my results for my LEE. I score a 89.45 for residency of Passaic NJ, and Passaic county. Is passaic sending cert or hiring?
Also I recently moved to bergen country does that affect in any way?

Were do I stand with that score?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Ddiaz12
Rookie

Re: Passaic NJ hiring police officers?

Post by Ddiaz12 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 pm

evodopeboy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am
Hello everyone,
I recently got my results for my LEE. I score a 89.45 for residency of Passaic NJ, and Passaic county. Is passaic sending cert or hiring?

No1 sending certs as of yet. Did you move before or after testing.if so did you change your residency if you did you will not be eligible to be hired in either town From what I understand.

Theblue
Rookie

Post by Theblue » Tue May 12, 2020 2:11 pm

You only had to have residency during the time of testing.
Ddiaz12 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 pm
evodopeboy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am
Hello everyone,

No1 sending certs as of yet. Did you move before or after testing.if so did you change your residency if you did you will not be eligible to be hired in either town From what I understand.

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Wed May 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Yes, I lived 2 years in Passaic before taken the test. When I took the test, I was living in Passaic NJ.
So I won’t have residency is what your saying?

Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 » Thu May 14, 2020 8:49 am

You’ve made yourself ineligible for Passaic AND Passaic county by moving to Bergen county. You’re also not eligible within Bergen county because you didn’t reside there when you registered for the exam. You screwed yourself for everything but state gigs.

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Thu May 14, 2020 10:59 am

Oh my freaking god. 👮🏻‍♂️👈🏼🥺

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Thu May 14, 2020 11:05 am

What if I did live in Bergen county, while I took the test? Would there be a chances if I can provide proof? Does other City exhaust their list and reach out to different counties ? E.g(Newark and Paterson) will try to recruit out of country?

Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm

evodopeboy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:05 am
What if I did live in Bergen county, while I took the test? Would there be a chances if I can provide proof? Does other City exhaust their list and reach out to different counties ? E.g(Newark and Paterson) will try to recruit out of country?
It doesn’t matter where you lived when you took the test, only where you resided when you registered for the exam. Whatever your registration address was, that’s where your eligibility is bound to unless you move within the same town. Only municipality I’ve personally seen recruit out of county is Camden County PD very late in the game from the 2016 exam. Bigger cities may burn through their municipal list but they won’t burn through a county list as well. Unfortunately with an 89.xx, you’ll only receive statewide certs for corrections gigs. DOC, JJC, Camden county, Salem county, Atlantic county

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 am

So after carefully doing some research, I beg to differ about your statement above, in regards to Passaic county. Below I have enclosed the information, with on contrary to your statement, with hopes to shed some light to some people who are asking them self the same question.

Best,

Evo

Every Passaic County employee shall have his/her principal place of residence in the State of New Jersey. New hires shall have one year from the time of taking office, employment or position to satisfy the requirement of principal residency. Failure to satisfy this requirement shall render the employee unqualified for holding office, employment or position with the County.
If however, a County employee holds an office, employment, or position with the County as of Sept. 1, of 2011 (the effective date of P.L.2011, c.70), but does not have his or her principal residence in this State on that effective date, he/shall will not be subject to the residency requirement while that employee continues to hold office, employment, or position without a break in public service of greater than seven days.

Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:54 pm

evodopeboy wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:41 am
So after carefully doing some research, I beg to differ about your statement above, in regards to Passaic county. Below I have enclosed the information, with on contrary to your statement, with hopes to shed some light to some people who are asking them self the same question.

Best,

Evo

Every Passaic County employee shall have his/her principal place of residence in the State of New Jersey. New hires shall have one year from the time of taking office, employment or position to satisfy the requirement of principal residency. Failure to satisfy this requirement shall render the employee unqualified for holding office, employment or position with the County.
If however, a County employee holds an office, employment, or position with the County as of Sept. 1, of 2011 (the effective date of P.L.2011, c.70), but does not have his or her principal residence in this State on that effective date, he/shall will not be subject to the residency requirement while that employee continues to hold office, employment, or position without a break in public service of greater than seven days.
Nice! I know Parole has a similar rule of giving you a year to move back to the state if you leave. I think it’s more of state or county thing. Idk of any municipalities that have that rule. Although it’s up to the appointing authority how strict they wanna be with residency.