Passaic NJ hiring police officers?

Discussions between Police Officers
Amangual
Rookie

Re: Passaic NJ hiring police officers?

Post by Amangual » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:25 am

I currently live in Bloomfield but my wife wants to buy a house in Verona or Caldwell within the next few months. Our current lease doesn't end until February so even if we do buy a house within the next 2 months I will still have the Bloomfield apartment. However, if i do not receive a Cert by February am I basically ruining my chances even though it's within the same county? I honestly would be happy to get a cert from any city in the county as well as sheriffs. I scored a 98.49 and I was hoping that would be high enough to get me a cert relatively quick although I have yet to receive one.

FutureLEO1
Rookie

Post by FutureLEO1 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Avaric3 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm
evodopeboy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:05 am
What if I did live in Bergen county, while I took the test? Would there be a chances if I can provide proof? Does other City exhaust their list and reach out to different counties ? E.g(Newark and Paterson) will try to recruit out of country?
It doesn’t matter where you lived when you took the test, only where you resided when you registered for the exam. Whatever your registration address was, that’s where your eligibility is bound to unless you move within the same town. Only municipality I’ve personally seen recruit out of county is Camden County PD very late in the game from the 2016 exam. Bigger cities may burn through their municipal list but they won’t burn through a county list as well. Unfortunately with an 89.xx, you’ll only receive statewide certs for corrections gigs. DOC, JJC, Camden county, Salem county, Atlantic county
Actually Newark Police Department in the past several years have exhausted their residency list, and moved to the county list.

Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 am

FutureLEO1 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Avaric3 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm
evodopeboy wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 11:05 am
What if I did live in Bergen county, while I took the test? Would there be a chances if I can provide proof? Does other City exhaust their list and reach out to different counties ? E.g(Newark and Paterson) will try to recruit out of country?
It doesn’t matter where you lived when you took the test, only where you resided when you registered for the exam. Whatever your registration address was, that’s where your eligibility is bound to unless you move within the same town. Only municipality I’ve personally seen recruit out of county is Camden County PD very late in the game from the 2016 exam. Bigger cities may burn through their municipal list but they won’t burn through a county list as well. Unfortunately with an 89.xx, you’ll only receive statewide certs for corrections gigs. DOC, JJC, Camden county, Salem county, Atlantic county
Actually Newark Police Department in the past several years have exhausted their residency list, and moved to the county list.
Yes, but they don’t EXHAUST the county list and move to statewide