Lengthening and changing academies

Discussions between Police Officers
futurecop
Radio Car

Lengthening and changing academies

Post by futurecop » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 pm

Do y’all think it’s likely , anytime soon, that Police academies become longer due to the call for better training for officers? Secondly, do you think it’s likely the militaristic atmosphere at academies changes, since there are calls for officers to be less militaristic, frankly. I’ve heard rumblings of both.

rd589860
Rookie

Re: Lengthening and changing academies

Post by rd589860 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm

futurecop wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:37 pm
Do y’all think it’s likely , anytime soon, that Police academies become longer due to the call for better training for officers? Secondly, do you think it’s likely the militaristic atmosphere at academies changes, since there are calls for officers to be less militaristic, frankly. I’ve heard rumblings of both.
I'd assume yes to all of those things but as others have said on here but who knows when the academies will actually start again and if so what they will look like. I'm in Camden County and from my understanding they run the academy as a partnership with the community college and they went online for the latest academy cause of covid. That being said Camden Metro goes to the same academy as my local town so i assume when they reorganized that bled into all the other departments in this area cause they had to have changed the training in the academy somewhat.