Retirements

Discussions between Police Officers
futurecop
Radio Car

Retirements

Post by futurecop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:17 pm

When I watch the news, many Law Enforcement analysts (usually those right of center) are suggesting that more cops will retire because of the environment today. For those of you who are on the job, does this seem to be true?

BHC5044
Rookie

Re: Retirements

Post by BHC5044 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:20 am

15 months till my 25th year and I'm done......Before all this nonesense cupcake crap started I was going to stay for a few more years, just not worth staying...It's a thankless job nationwide.....

if anyone is thinking to get in the field get your damn head examined , things aren't going to get better they will get worst...everyday from now on you put that uniform on knowing you will and want to do the best job you can, all it takes it one mistake they are coming for you and it could be server for you doing your job.....Run away and find a different job

BlueLine
Radio Car
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Retirements

Post by BlueLine » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:08 pm

My PD has about 15 that are eligible to retire within the next 1-2 years. Most of them were planning on sticking around for a few years past that but now they're pulling the plug. You'll see a lot of people putting in their papers early. Hell I got three years in and thinking about doing 20 and out.