Discussions between Police Officers
stickman363
Rookie

Re: Newark Police

Post by stickman363 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 am

evodopeboy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Hey Everyone,

Those who got certified for Newark, are you a Newark resident? Or did they exhaust their list yet?

Currently Passaic county residents
89.4 score
Once they exhaust the city list, they'll go to the county list (essex), if they were to exhaust that list it would go to statewide list, But I doubt they'll get that far so your best shot is paterson

JCar831
Rookie

Post by JCar831 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:54 am

NJBLUELINE wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:19 pm
JCar831 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:31 pm
Just got the packet for newark this morning. Be on the lookout guys!!
Same here! What day is your orientation?
December 7th

Versaci21
Rookie

Post by Versaci21 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:32 am

Just got my orientation date as well, December 8th

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Thank you blue.

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:46 pm

Thank you.

stickman363 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 am
evodopeboy wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Hey Everyone,

Those who got certified for Newark, are you a Newark resident? Or did they exhaust their list yet?

Currently Passaic county residents
89.4 score
Once they exhaust the city list, they'll go to the county list (essex), if they were to exhaust that list it would go to statewide list, But I doubt they'll get that far so your best shot is paterson

patrickdollar19
Rookie

Post by patrickdollar19 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 am

I also recieved a Dec 8th Orientation. Scored 95 on the test. Also in the Us Army. Does anyone know the process after the orientation.

Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:40 pm

patrickdollar19 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 am
I also recieved a Dec 8th Orientation. Scored 95 on the test. Also in the Us Army. Does anyone know the process after the orientation.
After orientation you’ll receive the background packet through email. You’ll have about a week to complete along with other tasks. When you return to give the packet, they’ll do a social media check. If you are missing or need more time on anything from the packet they’ll let you know there.

After that theyll randomly call you for a home check. To see if you live there. Assuming your background and home check go well you get a date for medical. You then signed a conditional offer before medical and You have to pay $500 for your exam (get used to paying for everything in Newark , they do not help with anything except your issued firearm and standard equipment).

If you’re clear on medical, they’ll call you to come in to start first phase of psychological exam. After that you get a date to interview with the psych doctors. assuming you pass that you get a call saying congrats, report to Atlantic uniforms or any uniform store to get RIPPED OFF and buy expensive equipment. (I hope you’re in shape and can pass the academy, no refunds.)

You then have a welcoming ceremony and process paperwork until you report to academy where you hopefully graduate and hit the streets. After academy you’ll have a few weeks of in house training where you’re treated like a kid not an adult until they finish and off to the precincts you go.

My process started June orientation, hired by August, Academy in August.

This was pre Covid ofc. Good luck

patrickdollar19
Rookie

Post by patrickdollar19 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:47 pm

Thadrow wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:40 pm
patrickdollar19 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 am
After orientation you’ll receive the background packet through email. You’ll have about a week to complete along with other tasks. When you return to give the packet, they’ll do a social media check. If you are missing or need more time on anything from the packet they’ll let you know there.

After that theyll randomly call you for a home check. To see if you live there. Assuming your background and home check go well you get a date for medical. You then signed a conditional offer before medical and You have to pay $500 for your exam (get used to paying for everything in Newark , they do not help with anything except your issued firearm and standard equipment).

If you’re clear on medical, they’ll call you to come in to start first phase of psychological exam. After that you get a date to interview with the psych doctors. assuming you pass that you get a call saying congrats, report to Atlantic uniforms or any uniform store to get RIPPED OFF and buy expensive equipment. (I hope you’re in shape and can pass the academy, no refunds.)

You then have a welcoming ceremony and process paperwork until you report to academy where you hopefully graduate and hit the streets. After academy you’ll have a few weeks of in house training where you’re treated like a kid not an adult until they finish and off to the precincts you go.

My process started June orientation, hired by August, Academy in August.

This was pre Covid ofc. Good luck

Wow. Thank You Much .. You had a complete break down of all my questions.. Do u have any advise what i can do if i do get into corrections but Newark’s Done with the process

JCar831
Rookie

Post by JCar831 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am

Hey guys, for all those who are in the process with newark, do not waste your time going to the dmv for your abstract. They are not doing them in person at all. Just thought inwould let you guys know. Wishing everyone all the best!

Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Just request it online and hope you get it back before next week.