Walking Post

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by J52545 »

In my case I hope the scores were wrong because my score wasn't that good
Bergencounty
Walking Post

Post by Bergencounty »

Honestly no one really knows what’s going to be the outcome but I think that the issues is with the “no shows” that’s where the system failed. Also, It wouldn’t make sense to give new scores out because for example what happens if you get a lower score than the original ? Many candidates are going to argue that especially the ones who scored extremely well like me.
Amangual
Rookie

Post by Amangual »

I think the scores will have to change if the reason for the re calculation is do to "no shows" The test is scaled statewide on a relative basis with only 8-9 people being plugged in at every one-hundredth of a point. Which means if someone was mistakenly considered a no show yet they actually scored a 95.4, this would force a recalculation do to the limited amount of candidates able to score that. Hopefully that's not the case though.
LizardKing
Rookie

Post by LizardKing »

All signs and logic are pointing that scores will change. No paper/letter scores were mailed to anyone and civil service decided to deactivate their whole site making it impossible for anyone to view their score currently. The only question is how bad civil service messed all of this up. Assuming the “no shows“ will be given a score, peoples final average(score) can be expected to change within a few points. We don’t know if some people’s score were horribly wrong from the beginning, or if people’s scores were assigned to the wrong person, in that instance some people’s score will drastically change by huge margins. If covid-19 wasn’t all over news, you could be sure a state employee mess up like this would make some headlines, this is a total disgrace and huge demonstration of incompetence .
Jersey12
Radio Car

Post by Jersey12 »

Did anyone receive certs from any department yet ?
hicknad
Rookie

Post by hicknad »

No
ata52189
Walking Post

Post by ata52189 »

The civil service isn’t your high school bio teacher....the grade you got is what you got! Why is the website down? Why didn’t we receive a paper copy yet? Because Covid-19 and everyone is working from home....those who got “no shows” prob screwed up the cover page or initial application and didn’t have your information matching records they have so they prob didn’t have you on file....
Bergencounty
Walking Post

Post by Bergencounty »

ata52189 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm The civil service isn’t your high school bio teacher....the grade you got is what you got! Why is the website down? Why didn’t we receive a paper copy yet? Because Covid-19 and everyone is working from home....those who got “no shows” prob screwed up the cover page or initial application and didn’t have your information matching records they have so they prob didn’t have you on file....

Exactly, you think they would really change thousands of scores. Just like any other website it crashed & it happened after all the results were sent out who knows mayb due to thousands of us trying to check their scores. They replied to my email and said that we will be getting notified via mail once the website issue has been resolved and that ALL test scores will be reviewed.
GoOneMore
Rookie

Post by GoOneMore »

ata52189 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm The civil service isn’t your high school bio teacher....the grade you got is what you got! Why is the website down? Why didn’t we receive a paper copy yet? Because Covid-19 and everyone is working from home....those who got “no shows” prob screwed up the cover page or initial application and didn’t have your information matching records they have so they prob didn’t have you on file....
Exactly... The CSC had months to grade, review, and revise scores. Grading is completed electronically using Scantron, taking little time to complete. If there were major clerical issues, they would have been identified and dealt with prior to scores being posted. This is not your local departments chiefs test, it’s a state run operation with tons of resources.
LizardKing
Rookie

Post by LizardKing »

I’m not trying to stir the pot or create controversy. I took the test and scored extremely well myself, so I have no interest in seeing scores change. However, based on the site being down for a month, no paper scores being mailed, no certs being mailed, and the fact that email correspondence with civil service has dictated inconsistent information; I believe the error is quite bad and there may be extreme difficulty or impossibility of properly fixing it. Everyone is assuming that the tests we took are actually still physically available and have not been shredded...