2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Discussions between Police Officers
GoOneMore
Rookie

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by GoOneMore »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:18 pm I’m not trying to stir the pot or create controversy. I took the test and scored extremely well myself, so I have no interest in seeing scores change. However, based on the site being down for a month, no paper scores being mailed, no certs being mailed, and the fact that email correspondence with civil service has dictated inconsistent information; I believe the error is quite bad and there may be extreme difficulty or impossibility of properly fixing it. Everyone is assuming that the tests we took are actually still physically available and have not been shredded...
It’s obvious crazier things have happened, ie. this pandemic. However, the CSC has stopped operations and there are no personnel to mail scores out. Also, departments are not in need of candidates because current academies still have not graduated and there are no hiring processes being conducted. That’s why there have been no certifications.
LizardKing
Rookie

Post by LizardKing »

Everything you said is very logical and is most likely true. The inconsistency in email response from civil service, and the whole site being down over some people getting a no show score does not make sense to me. I think the site has been taken down so less people can see or photograph their score, thus less people can dispute or get an attorney when their score is changed.
GoOneMore
Rookie

Post by GoOneMore »

LizardKing wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 pm Everything you said is very logical and is most likely true. The inconsistency in email response from civil service, and the whole site being down over some people getting a no show score does not make sense to me. I think the site has been taken down so less people can see or photograph their score, thus less people can dispute or get an attorney when their score is changed.
All very possible. In the end we can all probably agree this is a complete mess. I hope those who prepared and scored well receive certifications very soon.
J52545
Walking Post

Post by J52545 »

Maybe they will have to retest everyone.
LizardKing
Rookie

Post by LizardKing »

J52545 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:25 pm Maybe they will have to retest everyone.
As crazy as that sounds, it’s a possibility that may become a reality. I would not be surprised if the physical tests have been discarded.
Infantry90
Walking Post

Post by Infantry90 »

As far as I’m concerned it’s up to us depending on when and what we hear back from them once this covid19 stuff calms down,boils down to how much of a big deal we as a whole make this situation become.If we all take a nonsense answer from them and all agree with whatever it is that they say would be ridiculous on our part,the only reason they have us waiting is because everyone including every department is waiting on the virus to calm down.re testing everyone I would assume definitely isn’t in there budget let’s not all forget everything the state does works around a budget.
Bergencounty
Walking Post

Post by Bergencounty »

Infantry90 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:22 pm As far as I’m concerned it’s up to us depending on when and what we hear back from them once this covid19 stuff calms down,boils down to how much of a big deal we as a whole make this situation become.If we all take a nonsense answer from them and all agree with whatever it is that they say would be ridiculous on our part,the only reason they have us waiting is because everyone including every department is waiting on the virus to calm down.re testing everyone I would assume definitely isn’t in there budget let’s not all forget everything the state does works around a budget.
Also, to add to this in regards to budget and how they operate everything around that; how much money would they loose on re testing every single candidate you know the time and resources that goes into making such a big test happen. Im not the smartest one of the bunch but that sounds like they would be loosing a lot of money!!
Infantry90
Walking Post

Post by Infantry90 »

Bergencounty wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Infantry90 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:22 pm As far as I’m concerned it’s up to us depending on when and what we hear back from them once this covid19 stuff calms down,boils down to how much of a big deal we as a whole make this situation become.If we all take a nonsense answer from them and all agree with whatever it is that they say would be ridiculous on our part,the only reason they have us waiting is because everyone including every department is waiting on the virus to calm down.re testing everyone I would assume definitely isn’t in there budget let’s not all forget everything the state does works around a budget.
Also, to add to this in regards to budget and how they operate everything around that; how much money would they loose on re testing every single candidate you know the time and resources that goes into making such a big test happen. Im not the smartest one of the bunch but that sounds like they would be loosing a lot of money!!
We just all gotta chill out,we’re getting ahead of ourselves,this delay is only happening because no one is working in the offices right now and all the workers that are working from home have a lot of other things to deal with right now,it makes sense for them to handle this problem last because there isn’t a single dept hiring until the virus situation is under control,I’m not claiming to be the smartest guy here either but a lot of this is common sense and some of the info I’ve gotten is from guys already working in the field.
Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow »

I think everyone should relax.

I'm sure they have a procedure where they can not discard the physical tests until a certain amount of time. Examples being people appealing, people want to see the tests, etc.

If they did HOWEVER manage to royally mess that part up, I would assume they'd let everyone re-test online considering this virus will make them try to stray away from mass testing as they are used to. Probably use a webcam based testing type of thing to keep people honest though that will be a challenge I believe.

Let's relax though for now.
ata52189
Walking Post

Post by ata52189 »

Thadrow wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 am I think everyone should relax.

I'm sure they have a procedure where they can not discard the physical tests until a certain amount of time. Examples being people appealing, people want to see the tests, etc.

If they did HOWEVER manage to royally mess that part up, I would assume they'd let everyone re-test online considering this virus will make them try to stray away from mass testing as they are used to. Probably use a webcam based testing type of thing to keep people honest though that will be a challenge I believe.

Let's relax though for now.
It’s insane reading some of these comments from people who want to me cops....it’s really amazing....sorry people there will not be a re-test....do you guys know how much it cost the civil service commission to administer testing? Between paying the employees to work at the sites plus the renting of the buildings they are using. Plus can’t call up all these places (that are currently closed due to covid-19) and just say okay I need 15 class rooms on June 1st......plus LEE exam isn’t the only exams they run....they are prob all booked up now for the rest of the year actually probably backed up now....just because you aren’t happy with your scores doesn’t mean they necessarily screwed up I’m sure they have a reason for all the “no shows” and failed exams....they run civil service tests year round....this is their job I’m sure nothing was truly messed up....and if it had been I’m sure there would have been some message about it posted on their website....everyone needs to just relax