2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Discussions between Police Officers
WOTrooper
Walking Post

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by WOTrooper »

StefonS815 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:53 pm
WOTrooper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:47 am Accepted my cert from West Orange, anyone hear back from WOPD.
I accepted a cert from them as well. I haven’t received a second email notice. And it’s been almost 2 months. Let me know if you ever get another email...
Absolutely, it’s been a while. I believe the next step after a candidate accepts a certification is a thorough background check
WOTrooper
Walking Post

Post by WOTrooper »

Quick question, Do appointing agencies go chronological order in ranks ? When I say this, I mean after they’ve certified Disabled Vets, Vets, then non vets, do they call candidates for interviews from 1-1000 or can they skip in between ranks. I know the vets will get interviewee first but is it possible that they may skip certain ranks to interview certain candidates that have a deeper rank than another ?
Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow »

WOTrooper wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 am Quick question, Do appointing agencies go chronological order in ranks ? When I say this, I mean after they’ve certified Disabled Vets, Vets, then non vets, do they call candidates for interviews from 1-1000 or can they skip in between ranks. I know the vets will get interviewee first but is it possible that they may skip certain ranks to interview certain candidates that have a deeper rank than another ?
They have to go in order by ranks. They can not skip however..

I was Top 3 for Kearnys list in the last month. Kearny stated they wanted 6 new hires and will conduct interviews by rank. So I expected at least a call for an interview. i got nothing. Come to find out 1-9 didn't get a call or interview either. And they got to at least rank 3x to get their 6. So I'm sure some towns DO skip but I don't think they are suppose to. People are telling me thats the point of CS..they call in order based on rank, not preference.
94rookie94
Walking Post

Post by 94rookie94 »

BagBagBagBag1234 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:00 pm I am an orange resident haven’t received anything yet besides Essex County Corrections waiting to receive an email from them .

But since I live in Orange am I eligible to receive a cert from west orange or anyone of the oranges plus Newark ???
If you don’t mind . What was your score ?
Cedd89
Radio Car

Post by Cedd89 »

Thadrow wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:49 pm
WOTrooper wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 am Quick question, Do appointing agencies go chronological order in ranks ? When I say this, I mean after they’ve certified Disabled Vets, Vets, then non vets, do they call candidates for interviews from 1-1000 or can they skip in between ranks. I know the vets will get interviewee first but is it possible that they may skip certain ranks to interview certain candidates that have a deeper rank than another ?

I was Top 3 for Kearnys list in the last month. Kearny stated they wanted 6 new hires and will conduct interviews by rank. So I expected at least a call for an interview. i got nothing. Come to find out 1-9 didn't get a call or interview either. And they got to at least rank 3x to get their 6. So I'm sure some towns DO skip but I don't think they are suppose to. People are telling me thats the point of CS..they call in order based on rank, not preference.
Really? My boy got certed the day it came out in kearny hes in the last step. He was originally in the 50s
Cedd89
Radio Car

Post by Cedd89 »

Cedd89 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Really? My friend got certed the day it came out in kearny hes in the last step. He was originally in the 50s
Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow »

Cedd89 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 pm

Really? My boy got certed the day it came out in kearny hes in the last step. He was originally in the 50s
Exactly. I find it hard to believe 1-50 had a lot of unqualified people to find 6. Especially since 1-20 probably had majority veterans. Kearny did not honor the rank system. And i'm sure people will appeal it as they should.
Cougar95
Rookie

Post by Cougar95 »

Does anyone know when Newark is sending out their certs or have any info on the upcoming class and academy??
rabbi
Walking Post

Post by rabbi »

Cougar95 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm Does anyone know when Newark is sending out their certs or have any info on the upcoming class and academy??
I heard Newark is planning to send out certs next year around Jan.
Cityairbender06
Radio Car

Post by Cityairbender06 »

I just got a cert for union county sheriffs