2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Discussions between Police Officers
Jaram
Rookie

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by Jaram »

patrickdollar19 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:28 am
Jaram wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:09 pm
patrickdollar19 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:13 pm I also just received an orientation letter from Newark PD, Im not sure what to do, I just finished the last phase for Essex county corrections waiting on them to let me know if im hired or not, But i will also love to work for a PD, I also dont want to lose my opportunity to join Essex County Corrections heard they pay better than Newark.. Also not sure why i didnt get Essex county Sheriff cert. I scored a 95 n im also with the Army Guard..
Did Essex County Sheriff send out certs?

I just spoke with a Sergeant at my Unit, with 10 years of service with Them . He told me Essex County Sheriff Only Hires Vets and non Vets with 97 or better..Also the County is a some kinda hiring Freeze. He sure told me loud n clear the job is boring very boring. Guess its not for me I love surprises..
Lol thanks...I know they received a grant to hire officers so hopefully come next year they start sending out some certs 🤞🏼
Thadrow
Walking Post

Post by Thadrow »

Jaram wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 am

I just spoke with a Sergeant at my Unit, with 10 years of service with Them . He told me Essex County Sheriff Only Hires Vets and non Vets with 97 or better..Also the County is a some kinda hiring Freeze. He sure told me loud n clear the job is boring very boring. Guess its not for me I love surprises..
Lol thanks...I know they received a grant to hire officers so hopefully come next year they start sending out some certs 🤞🏼
They did. But with courts being closed or barely utilized they having a surplus of officers where they dont know where to place or do with yet. So they aren't "hurting" yet.
Bluline12
Walking Post

Post by Bluline12 »

Genius2o1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 pm
JC725 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:06 pm
Genius2o1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:51 pm

You should hear something very soon depending on your rank. I just did my fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. They are moving pretty fast. Looking to hire 1000 officers for year of 2021.
Is that a typo or really 1,000 officers?
I had my orientation 2 weeks ago and that's what we were told!!! They keep building more condos and it's becoming overpopulated! Will be needing more officers!!!
No they’re look to hire 100 officers this year not 1,000. Also what’s your rank on the list that you already had your orientation ? Just asking cause I’m ranked below 100
Cityairbender06
Radio Car

Post by Cityairbender06 »

Thadrow wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:38 pm
Jaram wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 am

They did. But with courts being closed or barely utilized they having a surplus of officers where they dont know where to place or do with yet. So they aren't "hurting" yet.
Certs should have went out by now and orientation. If they haven't I guess wait for spring
Infantry90
Walking Post

Post by Infantry90 »

policegirl wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:48 am
Infantry90 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 pm
Cars201 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:16 am

How many people is paterson PD planning on hiring and how many people showed up to orientation?
They were expecting 84 to show up only about half showed up and after all was said and done there were only about 30 left over they want 20 for upcoming academy
How was orientation
It was good walked in they had the packet that needed to be filled out for the background check to start numbered for each person and then they described what the job would be like and when academy will start and basically explained that not everyone will make it through the process and then we wrote an essay on why we wanted to be a Leo.
stickman363
Rookie

Post by stickman363 »

patrickdollar19 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:13 pm I also just received an orientation letter from Newark PD, Im not sure what to do, I just finished the last phase for Essex county corrections waiting on them to let me know if im hired or not, But i will also love to work for a PD, I also dont want to lose my opportunity to join Essex County Corrections heard they pay better than Newark.. Also not sure why i didnt get Essex county Sheriff cert. I scored a 95 n im also with the Army Guard..

It’s a Monday to Friday job with weekends off/holidays off and you can work on weekends for overtime. They do have units like patrol, K9, detective, narcotics, etc. But it take a few years to get there. Sheriffs is also less likely for layoffs and budget cuts cause the county has a ton of money unlike many city departments, so job security is A1. However, it’s hard to get onto sheriffs, and most people won’t ever get a sheriff cert since they only take vets and highest test scorers. You don’t get a cert from sheriffs everyday, but you’ll get most likely get a few regular municipal department certs per test cycle. Also sheriffs has a a lot of officers from former departments.
BlueLine
Radio Car
Assignment: Patrol

Post by BlueLine »

stickman363 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:40 am

It’s a Monday to Friday job with weekends off/holidays off and you can work on weekends for overtime. They do have units like patrol, K9, detective, narcotics, etc. But it take a few years to get there. Sheriffs is also less likely for layoffs and budget cuts cause the county has a ton of money unlike many city departments, so job security is A1. However, it’s hard to get onto sheriffs, and most people won’t ever get a sheriff cert since they only take vets and highest test scorers. You don’t get a cert from sheriffs everyday, but you’ll get most likely get a few regular municipal department certs per test cycle. Also sheriffs has a a lot of officers from former departments.
I’ve worked DOC, Sheriff’s and a PD. To this day, I still think the work environment in the courthouse was worse than the prison.
JRittz
Walking Post

Post by JRittz »

BlueLine wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:45 am

I’ve worked DOC, Sheriff’s and a PD. To this day, I still think the work environment in the courthouse was worse than the prison.
Interesting. If you don’t mind me asking, what makes you say that?
2019 LEE score- 99.999 Non-Vet
Morris County
Cityairbender06
Radio Car

Post by Cityairbender06 »

JRittz wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am
BlueLine wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:45 am
Interesting. If you don’t mind me asking, what makes you say that?
Which county sheriffs in particular?
Genius2o1
Rookie

Post by Genius2o1 »

Bluline12 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:39 pm
Genius2o1 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 pm
JC725 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:06 pm
Is that a typo or really 1,000 officers?
I had my orientation 2 weeks ago and that's what we were told!!! They keep building more condos and it's becoming overpopulated! Will be needing more officers!!!
No they’re look to hire 100 officers this year not 1,000. Also what’s your rank on the list that you already had your orientation ? Just asking cause I’m ranked below 100
If you ranked below 100 then you would already had orientation to know they need that many officers by the end of 2021. I wouldnt get on here and share false information. Dont worry about my rank...just wait to get called for you to recieve the same information!