Juvenile Justice

Discussions between Corrections Officers
NPerez
Rookie

Juvenile Justice

Post by NPerez » Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 pm

When they going to send the certs out? I was supposed to be in this class but they turned me away at orientation because I had a sore throat. They told me to reapply so when should I receive a cert from them, I scored a 88.4 on the test. I hope they send the certifications out soon.

Crabby757
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Juvenile Justice

Post by Crabby757 » Sat May 16, 2020 12:07 am

Hang in there Bud, The State's in limbo right now. Both JJC and DOC need bodies badly. Keep yourself fit and RUN. Eventually Sea Girt will be up and running again. You just have to hang on.

Thunder
Rookie

Post by Thunder » Sat May 16, 2020 8:02 pm

NPerez wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 pm
When they going to send the certs out? I was supposed to be in this class but they turned me away at orientation because I had a sore throat. They told me to reapply so when should I receive a cert from them, I scored a 88.4 on the test. I hope they send the certifications out soon.
You won't be getting a cert within the foreseeable future. The class has not even reported to Sea Girt yet for training so why would they send out certs? It's going to be a long time so hang on.

NPerez
Rookie

Post by NPerez » Mon May 25, 2020 11:11 am

I disagree. They need to hire urgent. So they should be sent out certs soon. No reason they can’t have two classes at once to make up for loss time.

Crabby757
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Post by Crabby757 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:26 am

LOLOLOL, Sorry had to Laugh, The JJC is lucky to have 1 class a year. Many leave within the first year or two. The JJC hasn't done 2 classes in one year in a long time regardless of the manpower situation. No one has any clue when the current class will graduate. Like I said Hang in there, This is the wonderful waiting of the Civil Service. Your certs will all come in when you least expect them.

Avaric3
Radio Car

Post by Avaric3 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:11 pm

Lol ya, two classes not happening. Their turnover rate is ridiculous because nobody wants to work in juvenile corrections. Regardless of how badly they need people, two classes is not in the realm of possibility. The JJC even still having prisons in a few years is up in the air. They’re pushing kids into community programs over incarceration. Their numbers are at record lows and are just going down.

They send out certs in August tho every year so don’t hold your breathe till then