Has anyone ever won an appeal with DOC?

Discussions between Corrections Officers
Rwhite87
Walking Post

Has anyone ever won an appeal with DOC?

Post by Rwhite87 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:35 pm

So I recently got word that I won my appeal with DOC. After a few months of not hearing anything after the win, I emailed civil service to find out what the next step was in my process. All they told me was that I was restored to the eligible list. I’m trying to find out if that means I have to start all over again, or am I going to continue where I left off.

I’m curious if anybody has went through this before

GnarKill67
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Has anyone ever won an appeal with DOC?

Post by GnarKill67 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:45 pm

You likely won’t find out. It’s hard to get info on appeals. I have a corrections guy here with me sitting next to me right now. You need to be more specific though, start the process over in terms of what, exactly? The hiring process? If so, where were you in your process? You do not have to include specifics of where....but I might be able to give you a better insight if you’re a little more specific.

Rwhite87
Walking Post

Post by Rwhite87 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Thanks for the reply.
So I got up to phase 3, I had my home interview, my investigator said all was good and that he was going to push my file through to supervision.
About a month or two later I got a denial letter. I appealed it and won. Civil-service states that they restored my name back to the eligible list.
What I am unsure of is.. Do I just continue on to phase 4? Or am I going to have to be recertified off of the list again and do it all over?

Rookie2019908
Walking Post

Post by Rookie2019908 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:28 pm

I’ve seen those pick up where they stopped and n the process. Well wishes. Touch basis with recruitment’ they can best advise your personal scenario

Rwhite87
Walking Post

Post by Rwhite87 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:05 am

Rookie2019908 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:28 pm
I’ve seen those pick up where they stopped and n the process. Well wishes. Touch basis with recruitment’ they can best advise your personal scenario
Thank you..
I’ll reach out to them tomorrow.