njdoc 243 listen up!!

Discussions between Corrections Officers
gsarmiento93

njdoc 243 listen up!!

Post by gsarmiento93 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

hey guys i just created my account today and this seems pretty cool. I'm assuming most of you are going into class 243 just by reading the questions. I'm a soon to be graduate from class 242 and all i can say is, don't be scared or nervous, you'll be fine. Everyone started the same way in my class, some make it and some don't, that's just the way it is. one thing i must get off my chest is if you have not done so yet is you must get your uniforms from atlantic uniform company in Belleville nj and see Albert. Dude is great and will take care of all our needs when it comes to your uniform packaging. He knows what you need and will make your whole process smooth and easy man. Guy took care of me while i was at the academy the whole 3 months and now look 1 week and 3 days left before i leave the academy and i have always had everything i need. Okay so if you are not running and working on your push ups, sit ups, and running, then i highly suggest you do. Get in the habit of drinking tons of water, no more juice, milk, soda, nothing, just water!!!!! get in the habit of waking up early, and getting your proper hours of sleep. Don't take nothing personal because everything they tell you is for a reason. Learn to listen and not think for yourself anymore while you are there because that is exactly what it will be. listen, be quiet, and you will be fine. good luck people. Also just keep checking your emails from here until your last day before your day 1. If i can help with any further question's i'll try my best. good luck

MP22
Walking Post

Re: njdoc 243 listen up!!

Post by MP22 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:58 am

Thanks for all the good advise man. This is very nerve racking as they make it seem that no matter how much you prepare you will never be up to their physical standards. I've been running and doing push ups and all the stuff on the paper and feel that I will pass the assessment. It feels like you need to be a freaking Tri-Athlon runner in order to make it from what I see on the videos. is it really that bad?

obpvt

Post by obpvt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am

gsarmiento93 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm
hey guys i just created my account today and this seems pretty cool. I'm assuming most of you are going into class 243 just by reading the questions. I'm a soon to be graduate from class 242 and all i can say is, don't be scared or nervous, you'll be fine. Everyone started the same way in my class, some make it and some don't, that's just the way it is. one thing i must get off my chest is if you have not done so yet is you must get your uniforms from atlantic uniform company in Belleville nj and see Albert. Dude is great and will take care of all our needs when it comes to your uniform packaging. He knows what you need and will make your whole process smooth and easy man. Guy took care of me while i was at the academy the whole 3 months and now look 1 week and 3 days left before i leave the academy and i have always had everything i need. Okay so if you are not running and working on your push ups, sit ups, and running, then i highly suggest you do. Get in the habit of drinking tons of water, no more juice, milk, soda, nothing, just water!!!!! get in the habit of waking up early, and getting your proper hours of sleep. Don't take nothing personal because everything they tell you is for a reason. Learn to listen and not think for yourself anymore while you are there because that is exactly what it will be. listen, be quiet, and you will be fine. good luck people. Also just keep checking your emails from here until your last day before your day 1. If i can help with any further question's i'll try my best. good luck

Pretty cool.. Just a question for you. Do you find time to go home during the weekends? Or is it restricly to stay on campus all throughout the academy? ..... I dont want to ask my officer that and im not sure if many ppl do it. thanks man

MP22
Walking Post

Post by MP22 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am

obpvt wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 am
gsarmiento93 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 pm

Pretty cool.. Just a question for you. Do you find time to go home during the weekends? Or is it restricly to stay on campus all throughout the academy? ..... I dont want to ask my officer that and im not sure if many ppl do it. thanks man
Academy is only Monday thru Friday. you get to go home every Friday at the end of the day.

jamessw
Rookie

Post by jamessw » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:42 am

It's nice to see your post here. Do you need help with bestessays uk writing? Call me if you do.