*Initial* Phase 1&2 Appt comin up. What should I expect??

Discussions between Corrections Officers
IRDP
Rookie

Re: *Initial* Phase 1&2 Appt comin up. What should I expect??

Post by IRDP » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:32 pm

NJScuba wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:59 pm
IRDP wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:54 am
evodopeboy wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:55 am
I receive an appointment as well on February, anything aside from social media? Should one bring there resume and etc?

Thanks.
If you dont have nothing bad on your social media then you clean, the same as emails. nah you dont have to bring resume. you will be doing 2 exams at you phase 1&2. I didnt find them difficult.
More exams? Anything we can prepare for?
lolol. that's the same thing we all said lol. but nah , is more like personality exams both of them.

Legitsnip3side
Rookie

Post by Legitsnip3side » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:50 pm

IRDP wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 am
Legitsnip3side wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm
NJScuba wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm
I just got my appointment for my Initial (not sure what they mean by initial) phase 1&2 appointment in New Lisbon this February. Any idea what I should be expecting or anything I should prepare for???
Deactivated my social media a few months ago. To distracting and unnecessary. Wonder if its going to be a problem lol. For emails just a bunch of junk mail other than my NJDOC emails.
if its over 2 years they dont going have you re open but if its under 2 years they will want all access
Gotcha, Guess In reactivating my social media. :lol:

IRDP
Rookie

Post by IRDP » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:01 pm

some people had forgotten their passwords and they will wait for you to create a new password. lol. im waiting for phase 4. most likely we will start together on the next class. make sure you are training. wouldnt want any of us to fail

evodopeboy
Rookie

Post by evodopeboy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:37 pm

IRDP wrote:
evodopeboy wrote:
I receive an appointment as well on February, anything aside from social media? Should one bring there resume and etc?

Thanks.
If you dont have nothing bad on your social media then you clean, the same as emails. nah you dont have to bring resume. you will be doing 2 exams at you phase 1&2. I didnt find them difficult.

Thank for the reply, and heads up. Much is appreciated. By any chance do you know how long is the process from phase 1&2 into your in the academy?
Thank you in advance for the reply.

IRDP
Rookie

Post by IRDP » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am

evodopeboy wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:37 pm
IRDP wrote:
evodopeboy wrote:

Thanks.

Thank for the reply, and heads up. Much is appreciated. By any chance do you know how long is the process from phase 1&2 into your in the academy?
The process can be within a month or within weeks. is hard to tell. my phase 3 took long cause i didnt fix some papers on time. which it cause me to have my phase 3 in jan instead in dec like the rest of the people that went to phase 1&2 with me

NJScuba
Walking Post

Post by NJScuba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Thank you for the info!

evodopeboy
Rookie

Post by evodopeboy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 pm

IRDP wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am
evodopeboy wrote:
IRDP wrote:

The process can be within a month or within weeks. is hard to tell. my phase 3 took long cause i didnt fix some papers on time. which it cause me to have my phase 3 in jan instead in dec like the rest of the people that went to phase 1&2 with me
Question, are you currently a correctional officer?
If so, I been reading so many negative feedback, regarding C.O pay being sub-par and stress level and etc. Is it worth it being a CO?
am currently making about 90,000 a year, however, works seem unfulfilling and not really secure for the next 5 years.
anyone with some insight guidance that may be able to help?

Thanks

IRDP
Rookie

Post by IRDP » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am

no im not, but i have friends that are and none of them give any negative comments. every job has it's pros and cons.
a lot of people that I know started of as CO and then transfer to be NJPD

NJScuba
Walking Post

Post by NJScuba » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 pm

evodopeboy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:04 pm
IRDP wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 am
evodopeboy wrote:

Question, are you currently a correctional officer?
If so, I been reading so many negative feedback, regarding C.O pay being sub-par and stress level and etc. Is it worth it being a CO?
am currently making about 90,000 a year, however, works seem unfulfilling and not really secure for the next 5 years.
anyone with some insight guidance that may be able to help?

Thanks
We're in about the same boat. But I'm quite sure you're not going to be making close to $90,000 a year to start with.

evodopeboy
Rookie

Post by evodopeboy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback, its great to hear the quite opposite, in regards to corrections. I know I won’t be at 90,000 however ball park, 60,000 with overtime? This is something I want to do and get my foot in the door without living in the streets lol. On the civil service site, states correction officer salary is 40,000. I can’t feed anyone with that. In summary is that negotiable ? Would there be alot of overtime being offered and etc?
Thank you everyone who has replied to my question.

Ps. If anyone has orientation on Feb 24th. See you there as well.

Last thing: I did took my civil service for police, so am waiting on that as well, I just don’t want to put all my eggs in on basket, and hopping to transfer to a PO. Once am called.