Who plans on moving on from C.O.?

Discussions between Corrections Officers
NJScuba
Walking Post

Who plans on moving on from C.O.?

Post by NJScuba » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:58 pm

I’m wondering what opportunities lie after becoming a correctional officer. Some people may like spending their whole career in that field, which is fine. Personally, I’d like to see what other opportunities in law enforcement there are. I am hoping that becoming a correctional officer will at least help me get my foot in the door. I’m 52 and I know it’s crazy trying to start a new career at this point in my life, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I don’t plan on retiring anytime soon, so hopefully through more experience, I’ll see where this can lead.

Crabby757
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Who plans on moving on from C.O.?

Post by Crabby757 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:07 am

this is just an honest reply, At that age the only depts that will hire you are DOC or JJC. After 1 year you MIGHT be able to apply for a County Sheriffs dept. I wish you the best of luck.

NJScuba
Walking Post

Re: Who plans on moving on from C.O.?

Post by NJScuba » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Crabby757 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:07 am
this is just an honest reply, At that age the only depts that will hire you are DOC or JJC. After 1 year you MIGHT be able to apply for a County Sheriffs dept. I wish you the best of luck.
Thank you, and it's quite alright. I'm not exactly planning to become warden. My first priority is just to graduate the academy!