Walking Post

Re: Next academy class start date ?

Post by alyssah96 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Cars201 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:29 pm
Squire21 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm
Any info on NjDoc state academy?
Did you get your medical appointment and when did you took your psychological evaluation??
I took psych in March and medical appt next week

Cars201
Walking Post

Post by Cars201 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:01 pm

alyssah96 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:56 pm
Cars201 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:29 pm
Squire21 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm
Any info on NjDoc state academy?
Did you get your medical appointment and when did you took your psychological evaluation??
I took psych in March and medical appt next week
I took my psych last month but didn’t receive my medical appointment and didn’t receive a letter about me failing the psych part yet.

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Same here waiting for med

machinehead856
Rookie

Post by machinehead856 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 am

Hey everyone, I just thought I would share some things with you. I hope you all are ready for a tough but rewarding journey. I don’t know how it will pan out because of this covid-19 stuff so you all probably won’t get the full extent or extremities of the academy, but what ever you do, don’t give up. I hope you all have been preparing. As long as you can do 30 push ups in a minute, 35 sit ups in a minute, run an 8 minute mile, and sprint 300 meters in 50 seconds, you’re going to be good. Also make sure you get into the habit of drinking nothing but water. One of the things that helped me was taking vitamins, drinking At least a gallon of water, and taking beet root extract pills or powder (good for heart health). Remember, everyone started the same exact way. Don’t take anything personal and remember why you’re doing this. If you have any questions, shoot me a message.

Cars201
Walking Post

Post by Cars201 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:45 am

evodopeboy wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:26 pm
Same here waiting for med
Did you get your medical appointment?

Squire21
Rookie

Post by Squire21 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:20 pm

Do you guys think the academy will be online ?

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:51 pm

That would be insane!
However you never know.
Kearny Police department and Jersey City are hosting their academy. Without restrictions, as a buddy of mines is going in next week.

alyssah96
Walking Post

Post by alyssah96 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:26 am

machinehead856 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 am
Hey everyone, I just thought I would share some things with you. I hope you all are ready for a tough but rewarding journey. I don’t know how it will pan out because of this covid-19 stuff so you all probably won’t get the full extent or extremities of the academy, but what ever you do, don’t give up. I hope you all have been preparing. As long as you can do 30 push ups in a minute, 35 sit ups in a minute, run an 8 minute mile, and sprint 300 meters in 50 seconds, you’re going to be good. Also make sure you get into the habit of drinking nothing but water. One of the things that helped me was taking vitamins, drinking At least a gallon of water, and taking beet root extract pills or powder (good for heart health). Remember, everyone started the same exact way. Don’t take anything personal and remember why you’re doing this. If you have any questions, shoot me a message.
I’m thankful I used quarantine to really prep. I’m finishing 26 sit-ups (proper form from NJSP YouTube video instructions) in about 36-40 seconds currently. I was scared of going into this because of me being a female. But the requirements are definitely achievable if you trained for more than several weeks. I used to run on treadmill 10 minute miles then decided to start going outside and I’m currently running 8 minute miles, (using map my run app for tracking) never thought I’d be able to actually do some of this stuff. The only issue now I’m having is the 15 inch vertical jump but I’ve been practicing squats, so let’s hope that will help. Thanks for the suggestions!

evodopeboy
Walking Post

Post by evodopeboy » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:38 am

Alysha,

That’s awesome 😎 congratulations on your progress. Did you go for your medical yet?
Lastly did they provide you with any information in regards to the academy starting date? Would it be online?
Please advise.

May you continue to thrive Alysha!

machinehead856
Rookie

Post by machinehead856 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:31 am

alyssah96 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:26 am
machinehead856 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 am
I’m thankful I used quarantine to really prep. I’m finishing 26 sit-ups (proper form from NJSP YouTube video instructions) in about 36-40 seconds currently. I was scared of going into this because of me being a female. But the requirements are definitely achievable if you trained for more than several weeks. I used to run on treadmill 10 minute miles then decided to start going outside and I’m currently running 8 minute miles, (using map my run app for tracking) never thought I’d be able to actually do some of this stuff. The only issue now I’m having is the 15 inch vertical jump but I’ve been practicing squats, so let’s hope that will help. Thanks for the suggestions!

You’re way ahead of the curve. You’ll be fine. The 15 inch vert jump is Next to impossible to fail. As long as you have strong legs you’ll pass that with no problem.