Next academy class start date ?

Discussions between Corrections Officers
Theblue
Rookie

Re: Next academy class start date ?

Post by Theblue » Mon May 04, 2020 3:58 pm

Do you guys think a July academy is even going to happen because of corona? Recruits in the academy now aren’t even able to finish training how are new recruits going to start. I do hope there will be one in July though!
Ctorosina wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 2:00 pm
Cris143 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:25 am
does anyone have any information on the next academy start date?
Supposedly July. Just had my phase 3 phone interview and that’s what I was told.

alyssah96
Rookie

Post by alyssah96 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:21 am

I completed all phases and completed my psych in the beginning of March but haven't heard from the department since, in the last email regarding my psych appt they mentioned July academy. Could COVID-19 be holding up response times? I've never done a medical yet, nor heard if i even passed or failed psych, and haven't heard anything regarding PT test. I am an active college student and I'm trying to arrange an online full-time education schedule around academy, but nervous to due to being so unknown right now. Suggests, comments, thoughts, please respond!

Crabby757
Walking Post
Assignment: Patrol

Post by Crabby757 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:38 am

RELAX, Trenton has been closed, academies Closed. Right now we are just trying to man the jails. Once everything opens up you should hopefully hear something. Use this time to stay fit and prepared for ANY academy.

2k1610r
Walking Post

Post by 2k1610r » Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 am

I’m in class 248 right now. We are not back to the academy yet. Everything you guys hear about the next academy start will be very rough eta’s. This will only make the waiting game you guys are experiencing, as well as what everyone else in the previous classes experienced, that much longer and stressful. But know once the Njdoc knows what’s going on with class 248, you guys will know a better eta for 249 and moving forward. I’d imagine Some officers from the CRU as well as the CSTA had to go back to some of the facilities (prisons) given that there has been a lot of staffing issues in the prisons. Making your process for the upcoming class slightly slowed down. But because the Njdoc needs officers now more then ever because of the virus creating issues within, your process is without a doubt still in progress.

alyssah96
Rookie

Post by alyssah96 » Thu May 07, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks Crabby, I know I've been freaking out, it's a stressful time! Luckily I've been regularly prepping fitness wise since November 2019. I'm going to keep it up and try to remain calm :)

Cris143
Walking Post

Post by Cris143 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:15 am

how many are in your class now 2k1610r ? hopefully the state will open soon and will know more about the next class...but as of now it might look like sometime in november i doubt is going to be july...fingers crossed...just keep training

how are you guys doing your pt session if you are online ?

Jersey12
Radio Car

Post by Jersey12 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 am

2k1610r wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:47 am
I’m in class 248 right now. We are not back to the academy yet. Everything you guys hear about the next academy start will be very rough eta’s. This will only make the waiting game you guys are experiencing, as well as what everyone else in the previous classes experienced, that much longer and stressful. But know once the Njdoc knows what’s going on with class 248, you guys will know a better eta for 249 and moving forward. I’d imagine Some officers from the CRU as well as the CSTA had to go back to some of the facilities (prisons) given that there has been a lot of staffing issues in the prisons. Making your process for the upcoming class slightly slowed down. But because the Njdoc needs officers now more then ever because of the virus creating issues within, your process is without a doubt still in progress.
Did you guys get your assignments yet ? Assigned jails

2k1610r
Walking Post

Post by 2k1610r » Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 pm

Cris143 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:15 am
how many are in your class now 2k1610r ? hopefully the state will open soon and will know more about the next class...but as of now it might look like sometime in november i doubt is going to be july...fingers crossed...just keep training

how are you guys doing your pt session if you are online ?

About 135/140 in the class now. Started with 210.
We are doing online zoom classes, first ever in Njdoc history for academy. And we are doing PT on our own. All about integrity. Got this far, not gonna fail out of the academy because you didn’t keep up with your Pt at home.

2k1610r
Walking Post

Post by 2k1610r » Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 pm

Jersey12 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 am
2k1610r wrote:

Not yet, busy just got word it’s in the works and should know within the next few business days

Jersey12
Radio Car

Post by Jersey12 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:24 pm

2k1610r wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:40 pm
Jersey12 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:25 am
2k1610r wrote:

Not yet, busy just got word it’s in the works and should know within the next few business days
Any idea on when is OJT for your guys