Essex County Corrections Certs

Discussions between Corrections Officers
Raven
Administrator
Assignment: Patrol

Essex County Corrections Certs

Post by Raven »

Got a certification in the mail today from Essex County Corrections (not taking it so don't worry competition :P) so they must be sending them out.
Administrator
Email: admin@njofficer.com
Koolaidohyeaah

Re: Essex County Corrections Certs

Post by Koolaidohyeaah »

Raven wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 am Got a certification in the mail today from Essex County Corrections (not taking it so don't worry competition :P) so they must be sending them out.
I also received certification from them yesterday December 20th, but I’m also not taking it. Good luck to the rest who will be receiving their certs soon.
CountyCO13
Rookie

Post by CountyCO13 »

Strongly advise you to take it, if you still can, great pay, and in the pension system... also easier to get onto the street! Just ask the 20 people that go every year
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

What is the salary like for Essex county corrections?
Raven
Administrator

Post by Raven »

Giants12 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 am What is the salary like for Essex county corrections?
Contract that expired in 2017 was 6 steps to $89,000.

Not sure what their new contract (if they have one) is.
Administrator
Email: admin@njofficer.com
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

I appreciate the help. I’m considering leaving NJDOC and transferring there.
973PD

Post by 973PD »

Why doesn't any one want to go for Essex County Corrections? I went to the background event and there were only like 40 people there.
Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 »

Giants12 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 am I appreciate the help. I’m considering leaving NJDOC and transferring there.
Can you leave state corrections and just transfer to whatever county corrections or can you only transfer to your county jail? I'm asking because I'm about to go to JJC and would like to transfer to a county jail once my year is up.
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

Honestly it differs from each county jail. Essex is currently only taking Essex residents. Passaic and Bergan take from anywhere but they are really tough to get into. Where you trying to go?
Jerseyboy94
Walking Post

Post by Jerseyboy94 »

Koolaidohyeaah wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm
Raven wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 am Got a certification in the mail today from Essex County Corrections (not taking it so don't worry competition :P) so they must be sending them out.
I also received certification from them yesterday December 20th, but I’m also not taking it. Good luck to the rest who will be receiving their certs soon.
what was your score on the LEE? I'm a Essex resident and still haven't received anything.