Passaic County Alt Route Exam Announced!

Information regarding the Alternate Route Program in New Jersey
CCSTestPrep

Passaic County Alt Route Exam Announced!

Post by CCSTestPrep » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:48 am

Passaic County "Alternate Route Program" Exam Announced: The Director of the Passaic County Police Academy announced the application period for candidates wishing to compete for a slot in the police academy through the "Alternate Route Program." This is a tremendous opportunity for those who desire a career in law enforcement.

The process is EXTREMELY competitive and begins with the administration of a very competitive written (scored) exam. The announcement indicates that applications for the Alternate Route Program (ARP) will be available on February 2, 2018, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 

Only 125 applications will be handed out on a first come first serve basis.

Applicants MUST appear in person at the Passaic County Police Academy, 214 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ. Applications MUST be returned to the Academy no later than 3:00 p.m. on March 2, 2018. The written test date is Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. It is advisable that serious candidates arrive well ahead of 9:00 a.m. on Friday, February 2, 2018, to increase the likelihood of being within the first 125 applicants.  

Aside from the steps for registering for the process with the police academy, serious candidates wishing to properly prepare for the competitive process should REGISTER for the CCS Test Prep® program by clicking here: http://www.ccstest.com/passaic-county-n ... test-prep/

As a reminder, Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D. (Chief of Police, Ret.) of CCS Test Prep® is conducting a FREE 3-hour seminar at the Bergen County Police Academy on Saturday, February 3, 2018 (Registration Required)https://formprocessing.wufoo.com/forms/m5natdt0fd0rvy/. The FREE 3-hour seminar is to educate candidates regarding the various tests and hiring processes being used around NJ for entry-level law enforcement. Each attendee will receive a FREE booklet of practice questions and information. 
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com

RJJersey
Radio Car

Re: Passaic County Alt Route Exam Announced!

Post by RJJersey » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 am

Has this been confirmed? Their website under the alternate route section, does not state that they will be giving out applications tomorrow?

CCSTestPrep

Post by CCSTestPrep » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:20 pm

You can access the official announcement at: http://www.ccstest.com/wp-content/uploa ... -26-18.pdf

It went out to department heads throughout Passaic County on the 26th. I had 3 separate departments send it to me in the same day, so I would say it's legitimate.

The county IT personnel will eventually get it up on their website. Probably on the Feb 2nd.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com

RJJersey
Radio Car

Post by RJJersey » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

Oh, Ok thank you for that insight. I am originally from Passaic County and well aware of their academy and how they are more of a word of mouth organization rather than advertising and posting their alternate route exams. I finally heard back from my buddy who is a PCSO and said it was a one day ordeal like you have stated, which is pretty intense but in a way it is good, less people who know the better. ;)

RJJersey
Radio Car

Post by RJJersey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 am

All - Just a heads up so no one wastes their time, all 125 applications were given out by 9am. just an FYI

CCSTestPrep

Post by CCSTestPrep » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:51 pm

What I like about that approach is that those who are engaged and dialed in make sure they are aware and don't just wait for it to come to them.

I would imagine, those who are among the 125, have been waiting for the opportunity for months and made sure they were waiting in line for the application. I look forward to training motivated candidates for the exam. Bergen and Passaic candidates just seem to be so focused and driven compared to a lot of other counties.

Good luck!
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com