State Pension Transfer

Have a question for a police officer? Ask here.
Post Reply

State Pension Transfer

Post by Marz »

I am a NJ state employee who is going into NJ State Correction's very soon. Will my pension transfer over?
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:14 pm
Location: Lacey Township

Re: State Pension Transfer

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Yes, your credible service in PERS will transfer over to PFRS once properly enrolled provided you were not over 35 when you entered your current state pension. If so, you may be stuck in PERS. You would have to check with the division of pensions and benefits on that.
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
Post Reply