NJSP 2020 cycle

Discussions for New Jersey State Police
Toti369
Walking Post

Re: NJSP 2020 cycle

Post by Toti369 »

bcop97 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:25 pm I heard from my investigator last Monday, he told me to gather documents was able to do it quick. Haven't heard from him in about a week, should I be worried?
The wait blows but its standard timing. Been about 2 weeks since first call for me.
calypso347
Radio Car

Post by calypso347 »

bcop97 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:25 pm I heard from my investigator last Monday, he told me to gather documents was able to do it quick. Haven't heard from him in about a week, should I be worried?
Agreed the wait is a killer... Just give him a courtesy call asking if he needed anything more. Won't hurt to call.
FutureLEO1
Walking Post

Post by FutureLEO1 »

Patience everyone. Patience ;)
ADL1990
Rookie

Post by ADL1990 »

What’s up guys, I just got out of 161 and have a ton of gear I’ll never use again. When the time comes for you guys to get all the stuff and you have any trouble finding anything (I know for us it was a nightmare with Covid) just shoot me a message not looking to sell it just to get rid of it. Best of luck to everyone here. Keep pushing.
RedLeg2015
Radio Car

Post by RedLeg2015 »

Just did my in person interview, yesterday, everything seemed to go pretty well. Hopefully this part will be done and we'll get the CRB done shortly after.
Toti369
Walking Post

Post by Toti369 »

How was it.... Went over your BIQ? I assume full suit?
RedLeg2015
Radio Car

Post by RedLeg2015 »

Toti369 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 pm How was it.... Went over your BIQ? I assume full suit?
Yeah, and it went great, I fortunately got an awesome dude who isn't looking to be a ball buster and wants to help so he was super insightful and helpful. I have also been assisting him a lot with this process and have been talking to him like at least once every few days. It was good to see a guy who was more interested in being a mentor along the process then a guy who just wanted to bust your balls.

For the suit, I would just assume that every interaction you have is going to be in a suit unless otherwise stated even if it's as little as going to drop something off or pick something up.
calypso347
Radio Car

Post by calypso347 »

RedLeg2015 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:04 pm
Toti369 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 pm How was it.... Went over your BIQ? I assume full suit?
Yeah, and it went great, I fortunately got an awesome dude who isn't looking to be a ball buster and wants to help so he was super insightful and helpful. I have also been assisting him a lot with this process and have been talking to him like at least once every few days. It was good to see a guy who was more interested in being a mentor along the process then a guy who just wanted to bust your balls.

For the suit, I would just assume that every interaction you have is going to be in a suit unless otherwise stated even if it's as little as going to drop something off or pick something up.
Great input. Awesome you had a great experience, I have my interview Thursday. Hope it goes just as well
RedLeg2015
Radio Car

Post by RedLeg2015 »

calypso347 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:22 pm
RedLeg2015 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:04 pm

Great input. Awesome you had a great experience, I have my interview Thursday. Hope it goes just as well
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you brother!
RileyPhoebe19
Rookie

Post by RileyPhoebe19 »

So just playing catchup on this thread for 162..

- March 17th- Received my initial "intro" call from my investigator
- March 24th- inv went around knocking on neighbors' doors and I was outside so chatted for 15ish minutes, mentioned he didn't anticipate seeing me so was just informal intro #2 (basically EVERY interaction is an interview, but was great to not have to suit up).
- today received a follow up call after texting him to make sure I'm all squared away..
- putting all the necessary revisions into word doc, then said we'll meet next week to review.

Has anyone started a WhatsApp or anything similar? Only saw it referenced once or twice...

Anyone in Mercer County? Seems like most guys I've met are either from the shore or North Jersey like 2 hours from Division 😂

Best of luck all!