2022 NJ LEE Information

Entry-Level Exam Preparation
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Re: 2019 NJ LEE Information

Post by CCSTestPrep »

I have been able to confirm that the NJCSC is not carrying over the NJDOC scores to the LEE, because they are in the process of working with the test vendor to implement significant changes in the 2019 NJ LEE testing cycle. This is a long time coming and is the direct product of the new testing company buying out the rights to the exam currently used as the LEE. The new company has a lot more resources and can work with the state to make significant changes in the testing process that I've seen in place in many other states. I thought this would happen five years ago, but now is the time.

I have been training candidates throughout the country, so I'm familiar with the different forms of testing being used. I'm hoping the projected changes are correctly implemented. This cycle is going to be extremely competitive.

https://www.ccstest.com/nj-entry-level- ... lice-test/
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
Bluflag12
Walking Post

Post by Bluflag12 »

CCSTestPrep wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm I have been able to confirm that the NJCSC is not carrying over the NJDOC scores to the LEE, because they are in the process of working with the test vendor to implement significant changes in the 2019 NJ LEE testing cycle. This is a long time coming and is the direct product of the new testing company buying out the rights to the exam currently used as the LEE. The new company has a lot more resources and can work with the state to make significant changes in the testing process that I've seen in place in many other states. I thought this would happen five years ago, but now is the time.

I have been training candidates throughout the country, so I'm familiar with the different forms of testing being used. I'm hoping the projected changes are correctly implemented. This cycle is going to be extremely competitive.

What kind of changes do you think are going to be made ? And I’m guessing EB Jacobs isn’t administering the test anymore ?
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Bluflag12 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 pm
CCSTestPrep wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:34 pm I have been able to confirm that the NJCSC is not carrying over the NJDOC scores to the LEE, because they are in the process of working with the test vendor to implement significant changes in the 2019 NJ LEE testing cycle. This is a long time coming and is the direct product of the new testing company buying out the rights to the exam currently used as the LEE. The new company has a lot more resources and can work with the state to make significant changes in the testing process that I've seen in place in many other states. I thought this would happen five years ago, but now is the time.

What kind of changes do you think are going to be made ? And I’m guessing EB Jacobs isn’t administering the test anymore ?
PSI bought EB Jacobs in September of 2017. I have tracked their changes in other states over the past two years. Now it looks like NJ is making a significant move to catch up with many other states. For obvious reasons, I'm not looking to update and educate my business competitors, so it will have to wait until more info becomes public before I openly discuss the changes.

The main point is that the over 2,700 candidates who tested in April will be able to test again due to the changes.

Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

I've received a lot of questions about the scheduling of test dates. To clarify, the NJCSC will be testing over a 7 week period with testing sites at different colleges throughout the state. The SignUpGenius scheduling platform is used to allow candidates to choose their test location, date, and time from a long list of options. This is a tremendous improvement from the 2016 LEE during which many candidates had to travel long distances to get to their assigned test site. The NJCSC is expected to send candidates an email with the link to SignUpGenius in September. The system is set up on a first come first served basis for each of the test sessions, as there is a set number of seats available at each site. If a candidate doesn't choose a testing session, the NJCSC will just assign that candidate to one of the available locations, dates, and times.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The NJCSC is going to allow candidates to choose their test location, date, and time from a long list of options via the SignUpGenius schedule platform once the NJ LEE application period closes. The NJCSC will be administering the LEE testing over a 7 week period with the majority of the test dates being in November. Candidates can choose a prep session with the knowledge that they will have flexibility as to when they test.
The CCS Test Prep® registration links for the NJ LEE prep can be accessed at: https://www.ccstest.com/nj-entry-level- ... lice-test/
-----
Since several of the CCS Test Prep® seminars are closing or have closed out, I am posting this updated schedule:

NOTE: 11 Seminars have already closed out, so I removed them from the schedule so as not to cause confusion. The following Seminars are still open and available for registration:

Bergen County Police Academy
Sunday, October 13, 2019
Sunday, October 20, 2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day

Middlesex County Fire Academy (Sayreville)
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Saturday, November 2, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day (Earlier Start)

Morris County Police Academy
Saturday, October 26, 2019
Sunday, October 27, 2019

Monmouth County (Tinton Falls, NJ - Doubletree)
Monday, October 28, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Monday, November 4, 2019
5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each evening

Ocean County (Toms River, NJ)
3-Evening NJ LEE Seminar 
Thursday, November 7, 2019
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Thursday, November 14, 2019
5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. each evening

Montclair State University (Essex/Passaic/Hudson County Area)
2-Day NJ LEE Seminar
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Sunday, November 10, 2019

Bergen County (Mahwah, NJ - Bergen County Police Academy)
2-Day NJ LEE Seminar 
Saturday, November 16, 2019
Sunday, November 17, 2019

Middlesex County (Sayreville, NJ - Middlesex County Fire Academy)
2-Day NJ LEE Seminar 
Saturday, November 23, 2019
Sunday, November 24, 2019
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day
-----
The CCS Test Prep® registration links for the NJ LEE prep can be accessed at: https://www.ccstest.com/nj-entry-level- ... lice-test/
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The NJCSC will be testing over a 7 week period (Saturdays) with the bulk of the available testing dates being in November. Unfortunately, those who are coming home from college will not have the Saturday after Thanksgiving (Nov 30th) as a day to test while back in NJ. They will not be using November 30th as a test date.
Candidates will be able to choose a test location, date (Saturdays) and time (morning or afternoon/evening) from a long list of options through the SignUpGenius platform once it is activated in the weeks to come by the NJCSC. Each candidate will eventually receive an email link from the NJCSC.
I anticipate the NJCSC using the following locations for testing around the state:
Bergen County College facilities
Passaic County College facilities
Hudson County College facilities
Essex County College facilities
Union County College facilities
Middlesex County College facilities
Mercer County College facilities
Camden County College facilities
Ocean County College facilities
Atlantic/Cape College facilities
Once the scheduling platform opens, each location, date, and time option will be on a first come, first served basis and candidates will be able to pick whichever option the candidate wants. It does not have to match the testing location preference indicated on the application. Once a site option fills up, it will close out and candidates will need to choose from other options.
Candidates from any of the other 11 counties will be required to travel to sit for the exam. There is the possibility of the NJCSC adding another location (e.g., Gloucester/Rowan).

-----

A current list of the available CCS Test Prep® Seminars for the NJ LEE are posted at:
https://www.ccstest.com/LEE/
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Anyone who did not access the SignUpGenius scheduling platform by Sunday, September 22, 2019 (11:45 p.m.) will be randomly assigned a test date, time, and location. The actual testing cards are expected to go out in the mail during the week of October 14th. Your card will list the specific location, date, and time you are testing. It is important to save that card to bring with you along with two forms of ID on test day.
Candidates who feel they never received the scheduling email should first search there email system using the search term "Civil Service" and see if the email comes up in a different folder, etc. If you never received anything from the NJCSC, then it is worth calling the NJCSC at 609.292.8668 to inquire as to your application status. Some candidates have recently found that they never received a confirmation from the NJCSC and are now dealing with the concern that their application did not process properly. While the email system is convenient, it is not perfect. Many times, the emails sent out from an automated system are pushed into a spam folder and candidates never see them. A simple search will bring it up.
Email addresses used by the NJCSC during this process included:
oasapp@csc.nj.gov
ExamAdmin@csc.nj.gov
Info@signupgenius.com

www.ccstest.com/LEE/
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The testing cards are arriving as of 10/16/2019 in the mail for the 2019 NJ LEE. The card is basically the admission ticket for the exam. The signature portion of the card does not get signed until you are in the presence of the testing officials and they have verified you identification on site.

Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

I just want to let everyone know that there are candidates receiving testing cards with tests dates and locations other than what they selected. There are candidates with email confirmations of a specific test date (e.g., 11/16/2019) and location (e.g., Ocean County College) but received cards with a totally different date (e.g., 11/2/2019) and location (Bergen County College). Big difference.
Do not hesitate to call the NJCSC (M-F) at 609.292.8668 to seek a correction.
Unfortunately, the NJCSC consistently creates a major headache for themselves at times. Undoubtedly, they are getting hundreds of candidates a day right now over this issue.

Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Staff at the testing sites are indicating that a lot of candidates are showing up for the exam not knowing their social security number which is used as the identification number for candidates. If your scheduled to sit for the LEE, make sure you know your Social Security Number to avoid the extreme anxiety prior to your test that occurs when you think your exam is not going to be scored.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com