Cape May County Alternate Route

Information regarding the Alternate Route Program in New Jersey
Wicked
Walking Post

Re: Cape May County Alternate Route 2018

Post by Wicked »

Could anyone possibly describe how they did the physical? I'm taking it tomorrow and was just wondering how it works. Do they do the exercises in a certain order? Amount of rest time between each exercise? Do they split us into groups or we all go at once? Do you just do the physical and go home? It didn't mention anything about orientation... Thanks.
RJJersey
Traffic Duty

Post by RJJersey »

Wicked wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 pm Could anyone possibly describe how they did the physical? I'm taking it tomorrow and was just wondering how it works. Do they do the exercises in a certain order? Amount of rest time between each exercise? Do they split us into groups or we all go at once? Do you just do the physical and go home? It didn't mention anything about orientation... Thanks.
How many showed up for yours? and how many did you think failed?
Unionists

Post by Unionists »

RJJersey wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:42 pm
Wicked wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 pm Could anyone possibly describe how they did the physical? I'm taking it tomorrow and was just wondering how it works. Do they do the exercises in a certain order? Amount of rest time between each exercise? Do they split us into groups or we all go at once? Do you just do the physical and go home? It didn't mention anything about orientation... Thanks.
I have my interview coming up, does anyone have any idea how many are left and or how many will be accepted into the program?
RJJersey
Traffic Duty

Post by RJJersey »

Unionists wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 pm
RJJersey wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 3:42 pm
I have my interview coming up, does anyone have any idea how many are left and or how many will be accepted into the program?

The Director said they average about 8 for each class. It is unknown how many applicants are left
Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad »

I was told August would have fewer spaces than January, due to an increase in municipalities sending trainees in the summer. Did anyone have an interview before or after today? Or was it a single day of interviews only?
Jdlc4252

Post by Jdlc4252 »

I went to my oral this morning. They had candidates come in yesterday as well. I wonder if they’ll have more tomorrow...
Unionists

Post by Unionists »

Jdlc4252 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:35 pm I went to my oral this morning. They had candidates come in yesterday as well. I wonder if they’ll have more tomorrow...
How long was your oral interview?
Jdlc4252

Post by Jdlc4252 »

About 15 minutes. I was interviewed by three people at once.
Unionists

Post by Unionists »

Jdlc4252 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm About 15 minutes. I was interviewed by three people at once.
For those that had interviews should they expect to hear back for the next step or at least a status update?
Jdlc4252

Post by Jdlc4252 »

Unionists wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:53 am
Jdlc4252 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm About 15 minutes. I was interviewed by three people at once.
For those that had interviews should they expect to hear back for the next step or at least a status update?
When did you have yours?

At the conclusion of my interview, I was told that we could hear back by the end of July so maybe, just maybe next week.