2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Discussions between Police Officers
L33tmarine05
Rookie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:47 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by L33tmarine05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:51 pm

DV90 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:26 pm
L33tmarine05 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm
I live in Manchester Ocean County scored a 96.34 I put myself down for everything in NJ and I still haven’t received anything from anyone i didn’t take any prep test or course I just took the test. When I try to talk to someone about what’s going on I get the run around. I would rather not do corrections but in this new job market I’d take it. No won’t count me as a Vet because I didn’t serve in a combat zone during my service even though I have a 40% rating from the VA for an active duty injury
YUT. Quick question for you Warrior. Do you have the GWOT-E?
Rah I have the basic GWOT and the basic firewatch ribbon everyone gets after boot. I contacted the state of NJ about my Vet status being denied they said tough shit pretty much they advised I contact my congressman I did they also confirmed NJ refuses to recognize you as a veteran For employment unless you serve in a combat zone so pretty much.
Last edited by L33tmarine05 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L33tmarine05
Rookie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:47 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by L33tmarine05 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Cityairbender06 wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:54 pm
Thadrow wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:03 pm
L33tmarine05 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:01 pm
I live in Manchester Ocean County scored a 96.34 I put myself down for everything in NJ and I still haven’t received anything from anyone i didn’t take any prep test or course I just took the test. When I try to talk to someone about what’s going on I get the run around. I would rather not do corrections but in this new job market I’d take it. No won’t count me as a Vet because I didn’t serve in a combat zone during my service even though I have a 40% rating from the VA for an active duty injury
Yeah, thats CS for you. My buddy is 100% rated from the VA, never deployed - no vet status or DV status. They only will recognize people who served in combat zones. Which ironically my friend who only served in Kuwait ( a vacation ) got the vet status.
I rather get that 100% disability and money . Than have to work for 30 years and pay more taxes
I would personally rather work then get the money from the VA I hate not being busy. Sucks I don’t get recognized for the service that I did do considering I was taken off the deployment a week before so that I could get my shoulder surgery and after the surgery the Navy decided it didn’t work good enough and pretty much medically separated me with a severance check in the heat of the 09 recession. I would give anything to be back in the Corps it was easy and actually enjoyable.

Yanksrtop
Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:03 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by Yanksrtop » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:10 pm

WOTrooper wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:01 pm
I’ve accepted my certification in May, it’s August now and I’ve heard nothing from West Orange Police department. I was ranked 64th. I have not received any other certifications. I understand this is a Process that requires patience but I don’t know whether to move on from this process and pursue a career in my major. Being ranked 64th makes this process less than likely of a success. Any advice ? Should I contact the department ?
Contacting the department won't advance the process for you. I've had one person in the department tell me West Orange is looking to hire 4-10 officers, but I don't know what kind of timeline that may get done on. They are actively engaged in the hiring process right now, so if they work their way to your place on the list you will hear from them at that point in time.

If being a police officer is what you really want to do you should keep pursuing it. Make sure to apply to any posting on PoliceApp.com that you'd be interested. Being 64th on West Orange's list means you're likely to be far down on any Essex County list, so it could be a while before you hear from other civil service departments in the county. If there's another career field you can be working in right now, then that's what you should be doing. The life of the civil service exam list is 3 years and you shouldn't have your life on hold for that long. If 2 ½ years from now you get a call from a department about coming in for an interview nothing is stopping you from pursuing it. And you'll have more personal experiences and a more well rounded resume to make you a more attractive candidate.

WOTrooper
Walking Post
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by WOTrooper » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Yanksrtop wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:10 pm
WOTrooper wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:01 pm
I’ve accepted my certification in May, it’s August now and I’ve heard nothing from West Orange Police department. I was ranked 64th. I have not received any other certifications. I understand this is a Process that requires patience but I don’t know whether to move on from this process and pursue a career in my major. Being ranked 64th makes this process less than likely of a success. Any advice ? Should I contact the department ?
Contacting the department won't advance the process for you. I've had one person in the department tell me West Orange is looking to hire 4-10 officers, but I don't know what kind of timeline that may get done on. They are actively engaged in the hiring process right now, so if they work their way to your place on the list you will hear from them at that point in time.

If being a police officer is what you really want to do you should keep pursuing it. Make sure to apply to any posting on PoliceApp.com that you'd be interested. Being 64th on West Orange's list means you're likely to be far down on any Essex County list, so it could be a while before you hear from other civil service departments in the county. If there's another career field you can be working in right now, then that's what you should be doing. The life of the civil service exam list is 3 years and you shouldn't have your life on hold for that long. If 2 ½ years from now you get a call from a department about coming in for an interview nothing is stopping you from pursuing it. And you'll have more personal experiences and a more well rounded resume to make you a more attractive candidate.
Thank you, this was perfect advice. Probably the best advice I’ve heard

Jguard2020
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:44 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by Jguard2020 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 am

I scored a 76.9 and I live in paterson but I didnt get no cert...idk it is to early. U guys think will get a cert ?



Paterson sent 400 certs, majority of the people didn't respond or deferred. On top of that Paterson isn't exactly the dream department. Expect the same with EO.
[/quote]

You think there’s a chance Paterson will make it to the county list?
[/quote]

RJJersey
Radio Car
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by RJJersey » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:22 pm

Jguard2020 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 am
I scored a 76.9 and I live in paterson but I didnt get no cert...idk it is to early. U guys think will get a cert ?



Paterson sent 400 certs, majority of the people didn't respond or deferred. On top of that Paterson isn't exactly the dream department. Expect the same with EO.
You think there’s a chance Paterson will make it to the county list?
[/quote]
[/quote]


Paterson only hires residents. With a 76.9 and if you are not a veteran, i would be very patient because it is going to be a while before they get to you on the list.

BagBagBagBag1234
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 pm

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by BagBagBagBag1234 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Essex county corrections after getting the 2nd letter?

Also wondering if anyone has either heard from Essex county sheriffs or Orange PD ? Thank you .

JC725
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by JC725 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm

Anyone have info on Jersey City? If they are looking to hire soon? Scored a 92.3 hoping for something.

JD973
Rookie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 9:10 am

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by JD973 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:25 pm

BagBagBagBag1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 pm
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Essex county corrections after getting the 2nd letter?

Also wondering if anyone has either heard from Essex county sheriffs or Orange PD ? Thank you .
Which letter for corrections? My phase 1 interview is the 15th. They also emailed me a packet to fill out.

BagBagBagBag1234
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:58 pm

Re: 2019-2020 LEE EXAM RESULTS

Post by BagBagBagBag1234 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:44 am

JD973 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:25 pm
BagBagBagBag1234 wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:30 pm
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Essex county corrections after getting the 2nd letter?

Also wondering if anyone has either heard from Essex county sheriffs or Orange PD ? Thank you .
Which letter for corrections? My phase 1 interview is the 15th. They also emailed me a packet to fill out.
I have only received the first cert and the letter I haven’t received an email yet for phase 1 what is your rank number ?

Post Reply