Bergen County Sheriff’s cert

All general discussion related to law-enforcement topics
GRO2417
Rookie

Bergen County Sheriff’s cert

Post by GRO2417 »

Good morning everyone,

I received a cert with 08 December notice date for Bergen County Sheriff’s Officer. Does the jail division recruit through LEE certs or mainly take DOC transfers? I have almost 6 months with DOC.

I barely made PFRS age reqs during DOC academy and not sure if attending another academy is a smart decision, age wise.
ChickenMan1
Walking Post

Re: Bergen County Sheriff’s cert

Post by ChickenMan1 »

They do both, if you're from DOC you need two years to before you can transfer to Bergen County Sheriffs.
Seventeen
Verified LEO

Post by Seventeen »

They do NOT certify for the title of "County Correctional 'Police' Officer" and hire those eligible candidates. They have not used the list to hire in at least a decade. They tend to certify the list once a test cycle, lie to the candidates and giving them false hope. They certify the list in order to make it appear to the Civil Service Commission as if they really make an attempt at hiring off the list. Apparently, you can get in "trouble" by Civil Service if an agency does not use the list in which people pay money to test for. Lodi PD had that issue and had to start using the list, instead of hiring only IGT's. To date, Bergen County still only hires CO's through the IGT program. They probably don't come under any scrutiny because they will hire Sheriff's Officers off the list, and usually hire dozens per test cycle.
"Hold me on a P.A."
nj321
Rookie

Post by nj321 »

Anyone who attended on the 14th or 15th for the corrections position hear anything yet?
GnarKill67
Administrator
Assignment: Patrol

Post by GnarKill67 »

nj321 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:23 pm Anyone who attended on the 14th or 15th for the corrections position hear anything yet?
Not sure what they’re doing with these but BCSO has taken a bunch of transfers from PCSO as their jail scales down.