NJSP 2020 cycle

Discussions for New Jersey State Police
Toti369
Walking Post

Re: NJSP 2020 cycle

Post by Toti369 »

RedLeg2015 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:40 pm Do we need to get the SP-699- Release authorization notarized?
Doubt it
RedLeg2015
Radio Car

Post by RedLeg2015 »

Toti369 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 pm
RedLeg2015 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:40 pm Do we need to get the SP-699- Release authorization notarized?
Doubt it
You sure?
Chargers01
Walking Post

Post by Chargers01 »

Guys, yes, the form needs to be notarized.
It clearly states that
Toti369
Walking Post

Post by Toti369 »

I'm just use to other depts not requiring it even though the form says it. But you're right, no cutting corners here, I just got it done. Your bank should do it for free.
Chargers01
Walking Post

Post by Chargers01 »

Gang- I just spoke to the Selection Unit and wanted to share some intel for everyone's benefit.

I sent my BIQ in last Thursday with a read receipt and never got one.

According to the Selection Unit:

As you can imagine, they are overwhelmed with emails.
They are flagging emails that are labeled LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - BIQ and will open them after Feb 28 - so you may get a read receipt then.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you have made it to the BIQ and if for some reason they dont have your BIQ by Feb 28 - they WILL reach out to you to see where it is. (Maybe the file is too large, etc..) So no need to panic.

They said get what you can, if you cant get a document by the deadline, you can give it to your investigator when you meet.

Nicest Trooper on the phone. He understands how important this is.

Good luck everyone.
ryandichi
Rookie

Post by ryandichi »

Chargers01 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:36 am Gang- I just spoke to the Selection Unit and wanted to share some intel for everyone's benefit.

They are flagging emails that are labeled LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - BIQ and will open them after Feb 28 - so you may get a read receipt then.

THIS IS IMPORTANT: if you have made it to the BIQ and if for some reason they dont have your BIQ by Feb 28 - they WILL reach out to you to see where it is. (Maybe the file is too large, etc..) So no need to panic.

They said get what you can, if you cant get a document by the deadline, you can give it to your investigator when you meet.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks for that info man. I have been thinking about this the past few days as I submit my BIQ last week with no reply message. Thanks again
Montey
Walking Post

Post by Montey »

Chargers01 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:36 am Gang- I just spoke to the Selection Unit and wanted to share some intel for everyone's benefit.

Good luck everyone.
I got a reply to my second email which was simply just a "received both emails"

You guys may want to help with naming the attachments (I.E "Scan #8 _ Financials)so it's a bit easier for them to shift through emails/open attachments, etc.

This is how mine was sent.

"LAST NAME, FIRST - BIQ" - SCAN #1-6 + BIQ FORMS - Email 1 of 2

"LAST NAME, FIRST - BIQ" - SCAN #7-12 - Email 2 of 2
Mwash9780
Rookie

Post by Mwash9780 »

For those that already submitted their background packet,

How did you sign and date the last page of the PDF? I tried to use the fill and sign option of adobe but it would not work
Toti369
Walking Post

Post by Toti369 »

Many phone apps. But if you cant figure it out, just print it out, fill, sign, then scan/send.
Chargers01
Walking Post

Post by Chargers01 »

I had the same issue with the last page as they used a format where we couldn't attached a signature.
And the format also didnt allow to merge pages in Adobe.
And I didnt want to print the whole thing up and scan it as that would be a huge, huge file.
So.....I printed the last page, signed it and scanned it. And the included this:

Last name, First name - BIQ
and
Last name, First name - BIQ executed last page

That was the only way I thought would work and not have a massive, massive file