2022 NJ LEE Information

Entry-Level Exam Preparation
ata52189
Walking Post

Re: 2019 NJ LEE Information

Post by ata52189 »

CCSTestPrep wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 pm The most accurate information regarding the next LEE announcement thus far is July 1, 2019. Unfortunately, it is likely that the NJCSC may not let candidates know if the upcoming NJDOC test and results will carry over automatically for those who later apply for the LEE. Unfortunately, this will likely not be known for sure until the July 1, 2019 LEE announcement.

IT IS VERY CRITICAL THAT ANYONE TAKING THE NJDOC EXAM GO ALL OUT AND DO THE BEST YOU CAN, AS THE RESULTS WILL LIKELY CARRYOVER TO THE LEE WHETHER YOU WANT THEM TO OR NOT.

https://www.ccstest.com/NJDOC/

Ahh man lol not what I was hoping to hear lol whats the chances Brick reaches a 91 score by the end of this test then? haha
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

ata52189 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:23 pm
CCSTestPrep wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 pm Ahh man lol not what I was hoping to hear lol whats the chances Brick reaches a 91 score by the end of this test then? haha
Unfortunately, I do not foresee Brick going below a 97 in their current round of hiring from the active cert for the next academy. In future certs, it is highly unlikely that Brick will go below a 96 score off of this pool of scores even if they do another round (or two) of hiring before the new list. They generally will cert 50 candidates at a time, but they usually only get halfway through (or much less) of the names each cert so most of the same names appear on the subsequent certs.
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
MikeG44
Rookie

Post by MikeG44 »

@CCSTestPrep
On average how long does it take to get the scores back after taking the LEE exam?
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

MikeG44 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:34 pm @CCSTestPrep
On average how long does it take to get the scores back after taking the LEE exam?
Testing is expected to start in late September or early October and end by December 14th. The earliest the results will be out is March of 2020. Of course, there can be delays pushing the release to April or May of 2020.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The NJ LEE announcement which opens the online formal application period is set for Monday, July 1, 2019. For those who applied for the Parole Officer Recruit position by June 21st, it is recommended that you also apply for the LEE as well. Both announcements will be tested together using the same exam in the fall. The NJ LEE application period will be open from July 1, 2019 through August 31, 2019 at 4 p.m.
For those who are in the process of changing residency, there is no benefit in applying as soon as the application period opens as long as you get your online application completed before the closing date/time on August 31, 2019. It is more important that you have your residency stable and consistently in the jurisdiction (municipality and county) for which you want to have preference (eligibility) during the 3-year list. Any changes in residency after the application period can only work against you and do not help (of course if you stay in the same town/county it doesn't really make a difference).
As far as the scores from the April 17, 2019 NJDOC exam, a clarification will likely be on the NJ LEE announcement as to whether those scores will carry over or not. The NJCSC officials are in the process of making the decision as to whether they are going to let the April of 2019 NJDOC candidates sit for the exam again in the same calendar year. Either way, anyone interested in being eligible in the 2020-2023 LEE pool must submit a LEE application during the open period.
Again the Parole Officer Recruit and the NJ LEE candidates will all be taking the same exam in the fall. For those who apply for both, you will only test once for the two separate announcements.
The listing of the CCS Test Prep® seminars for the upcoming test can be viewed at:
https://www.ccstest.com/nj-entry-level- ... lice-test/
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
Bluflag12
Walking Post

Post by Bluflag12 »

Since the LEE fact sheet says “any previous scores will NOT be carried over to this exam” does that mean those of us who took the corrections exam won’t be allowed to take the LEE?
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Bluflag12 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 am Since the LEE fact sheet says “any previous scores will NOT be carried over to this exam” does that mean those of us who took the corrections exam won’t be allowed to take the LEE?
No, that actually means that you MUST apply for the NJ LEE and sit for the exam in order to be eligible in the LEE pool. Your NJDOC score from the April exam and standing in that specific NJDOC hiring process is completely separate from anything else moving forward. This is good news for the candidates who score a 97 or lower, as they will get another chance to achieve a 98+ score which is often needed for many of the LEE titles.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The 2019 NJ LEE application period has opened. The formal Announcement is available at:
https://info.csc.state.nj.us/Vats/WebAn ... mber=28522
The online application link is at the very bottom of the announcement in red.
The application period will be open until 4 p.m. on August 31, 2019.

Those who took the NJDOC exam in April will be required to sit for the exam again to be eligible in the LEE pool. The scores will not be carried over, so a LEE application must be submitted and you must sit for the exam to be eligible for any of other titles listed on the LEE application. Your April of 2019 NJDOC score will only count as part of that specific hiring process.

Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
Bluflag12
Walking Post

Post by Bluflag12 »

CCSTestPrep wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 am
Bluflag12 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:41 am Since the LEE fact sheet says “any previous scores will NOT be carried over to this exam” does that mean those of us who took the corrections exam won’t be allowed to take the LEE?
No, that actually means that you MUST apply for the NJ LEE and sit for the exam in order to be eligible in the LEE pool. Your NJDOC score from the April exam and standing in that specific NJDOC hiring process is completely separate from anything else moving forward. This is good news for the candidates who score a 97 or lower, as they will get another chance to achieve a 98+ score which is often needed for many of the LEE titles.
I applied for the LEE anyway today but I also called civil service this morning on this topic and they told me since I took corrections test this year I’m not able to take the LEE because you can’t take the same test twice in one year....so this can be confusing for applicants like me who want to take the LEE but already took the corrections test
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

Bluflag12 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm
CCSTestPrep wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:24 am
I applied for the LEE anyway today but I also called civil service this morning on this topic and they told me since I took corrections test this year I’m not able to take the LEE because you can’t take the same test twice in one year....so this can be confusing for applicants like me who want to take the LEE but already took the corrections test
While that has been the rule for the past 30 years (not being able to take the same test again in the same year), the NJCSC is very explicit in the fact sheet attached to the announcement. They make it clear that if you apply for the LEE, you must sit for the exam again in the fall. Unfortunately, sometimes the personnel answering the phones at the NJCSC don't always have the updated information. This issue may have just been decided by the higher ups in the NJCSC over the past couple of weeks.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com